Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

KAU.com on DropCatch

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was interested in this one up to $30,000. It looks like it hit $75,000 overnight and has a little over a day left. Where do you think it'll sell at?

Let's throw a curveball in the mix: Kau is a form of the word buy in Japanese, with the intention of doing so. Buy.com is owned by Rakuten, which is an online Japanese retail corporation. Will KAU fall into Rakuten's hands?

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would probably have closed at >50K on ordinary auction, but you know how these rare drops are. Think we are close to end of the line though. 83K$ is my guess

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would probably have closed at >50K on ordinary auction, but you know how these rare drops are. Think we are close to end of the line though. 83K$ is my guess
I will go with 95-105 if Fabulous is who I think they are and are in the running because the meaning of the name in a foreign language expanding in online commerce. It could very well be an easy flip for them already...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But if we're playing by The Price is Right rules, you might still be the winner. :p

But... BUY in the Japanese language with Rakuten owning BUY (English) in com already? It's going high in my opinion. :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah, should've stuck with my original... sold for $100,350.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, it was a bid that fell through.

I'm going to keep my 95-105k sales price this time around.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep my 95-105k sales price this time around.
We were both far off as it appears to have gone for $33,333. I'm a little surprised at that one...

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I did say >50K under normal auction circumstances.. Which we suddenly reverted to it seems

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I did say >50K under normal auction circumstances.. Which we suddenly reverted to it seems
Ah, read that wrong. I thought you said more than 50K.

Seems like they are going under 50K now with I think LSU being after KAU.

I just found this one interesting as it was pretty much the equivalent of Buy dot com in Japanese, which is already owned by Rakuten, a Japanese company. Amazon Japan could've acquired it to convert people... Though, many more are still sticking with .co.jp here for a company that primarily serves national residents (Amazon is even using Amazon .co.jp). Some are even reluctant to move to .com when serving international... even though that's their target audience.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well maybe you dident read that wrong.. I just wrote it wrong.. <50K is what I meant.

But yes more often than not in these bidding wars the buyer ends up defaulting.. But yes this was special

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But yes more often than not in these bidding wars the buyer ends up defaulting.. But yes this was special
This is a strange phenomenon. DropCatch and others should integrate with bank accounts to ensure a user has a certain percent of the liquid funds to purchase something.

Most trading platforms are linked to my account to initiate an ECH. I don't know how they can do it, but, if I type in an accidental 0, they immediately halt the transaction because they know the account has insufficient funds as opposed to running it through and it bouncing on me (charging me $35) and going "Whoops, I meant $X, not $X0."

It's kind of like Facebook connect, but a lot of banks participate in this now. As much as I'd love immediate transactions to trade right away (some platforms do give provisional credit), all they can do is verify the amount is there and then proceed with the ACH, making you wait until funds settle, that is if the funds are actually there (otherwise they could give you provisional credit to trade on when your 'check' bounces... not so smart for them as that's margin on top of margin).

Why don't these auction platforms implement something like this already? It's surely regulated, but not out of the question.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators