Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

kazaalite.com versus Kazalite.com versus Kazaa.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw recently that www.kazalite.com (misspelling) sold at pool.com for $83,500 and is currently pointed to a parked page PPC.

So I then saw at WIPO's site that there is a pending Arbitration case for the ownership of the developed domain name www.kazaalite.com see here

Personally I would say that the very popular website www.kazaa.com is seeking ownership to the developed domain name kazaalite.com.

Therefore I would say that the new owners of Kazalite.com which sold at auction at Pool.com for $83,500 would want to keep a very low profile and may be regretting that they won the domain name at pool.com, because if the people who are trying to arbitrate for ownership of Kazaalite.com may very well have their sights on pools last big sale of Kazalite.com

Are you confused with all these kazaars??

Just wondering what my fellow dnforumers think of this... potential trouble?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trouble, maybe Yes
But as stated You may make more then $3000 in day with this kind domains, and I would have also bidded on that domain, if I had the money.

yonimlm

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Considering you have 30 days to respond to an email regarding a TM, you already are then guranteed to make your money back. ;)

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your "see here" link is incorrect. But yes, if indeed one is making 3k/day in 30 days he's already profited, and I'm sure such a case will take way above 30 days !!!

PS: Is the new owner a dnforum fellow member?

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate to throw water on this enthusiastic fire, but you CAN be sued in U.S. Federal Court under the ACPA to recover all profits that you may have made on the domain name prior to giving it up, or, if that's not enough, $100,000.00.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it's definitely potential trouble and of course a prime example of cyber squatting.

Four domains at the URL you mentioned were owned by a DNF member. They were even offered for sale here at least once (zazzer, shazaa...)

How long do you think it will be until the results of those cases are public?

ZaZZeR.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is big trouble myself. I am the one who owns the domains that you mentioned and Sharman Networks is suing me. If I had it to do over again, I would have never regged those names because they are trying to get profits from me plus damages and it well exceeds what I netted.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is quite sad, so you actually won the names from pool? Interesting.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's only sad if you don't think people should be punished for knowingly breaking the law and making money off of it. Sounds like justice to me. Cybersquatters get squished, all is good with the world.

John Berryhill has said in the past that he doesn't usually take clients who go on boards talking about all the things they intentionally did to break the law (understandably, as it's hard to represent someone who makes it so difficult to defend his actions). I doubt Berryhill is the word you are looking for in this case. But then, hey, up to him.

bestname

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
similar domain names
overture results:

24389 kazza.com
5459 kaaza.com
8779 kaza.com

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and
84243 kazaa.com

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow Milky, good luck with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom