Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Kenya Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And here I was thinking to myself naively all along what kinds of idiots are these Kenya Tech characters to be using 15 dollar Directnic domain registrations for tens of thousands of their appaling names...

it turns out Directnic owns Kenya Tech :drama: and they mine their visitors queries (at Directnic.com) and then register most of those names that visitors who queried didn't register themselves within 48 hrs.

Some business concept, eh?

Words of advice: avoid Directnic completely.

KenyaTechWatch.com

Domain Days 2024

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for this info. I had a feeling something wasn't quite right! And their Kenya address certainly didn't leave me with any more confidence (pun intended) as it immediately reminded me of the "Nigerian scam."

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What jerks. But I guess it's legal.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perform a bunch of random useless queries at Directnic, see if they register them :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding they won't register every query, but only those that make more sense. Like they won't register hgsjdfahjkasdhdajksdahf.com, but will register something like JoesBlueBalls.com

Also they will drop many of them within five days, if they don't get "can I buy it from you" email, or no visitors whatsoever during that time.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is done by tens of companies for the last few months.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And one of the most closely watched "possible" Directnic drops--GAMERFORUM.COM!!--has instead been moved to Kenya Tech and has already been put into play and is being chased by several major players!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom