Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

KenyaTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are these people new players?

All of a sudden I am typing in several of their domains daily. I have never seen them before (until recently).

Anyone got the scoop?

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
Are these people new players?

All of a sudden I am typing in several of their domains daily. I have never seen them before (until recently).

Anyone got the scoop?

You may have already seen it but I
found this on google.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
768768 said:
You may have already seen it but I
found this on google.
I love how they're all blaming KenyaTech for their own mistakes. Don't we see this sort of thing over and over again?

Thank you for the link, no I have not seen it before.

EastWave.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A very shady company if you ask me...

They won the drop on a name related to my main business name recently and I contacted them with a couple of decent offers on a name that they really can't use for any purpose. (I own the main DotCom name and have had a business on the site for nearly 2 years, not a great name to begin with, no traffic, etc). On all of the domains that they register, their company name is listed as the registrant as well as on all the contact information... but when you try to barter with them they play this charade about KenyaTech having to contact the "owner" of the domain name, and that "owner" may accept a higher offer.

These guys are losers... plain and simple. Getting a name on a drop is totally fair and square, but trying to lie about the deal is weak, in my opinion.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice site. Bet you they snatch that one too. Is it possible to snatch a domain that has something like GoDaddy's auto renew on? I thought most of the time you get some time to like think or something,

EastWave.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The name that I was referring to... I didn't own. It was pending delete and they caught it the day it became available. I have no problem with them cybersquatting on the name if they got it on a drop. I have no problem paying a reasonable fee to acquire a name that I would like to have.

I do have a problem though with shady business tactics...
Lying about the domain name's owner, I consider to be shady.

The link above that people are discussing KenyaTech stealing domains, I don't really consider stealing. They are registering names that drop, I don't have a problem with that one bit. People lose their names, forget, have issues that prevent them from renewing their names.... whatever.... But what is funny about the whole thing is the names this company is registering are absolutely horrible. No domainer in his right mind would even register half these names... They won't be around long in my opinion.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EastWave.com said:
A very shady company if you ask me...
The whole "the owner" thing sounds like buydomains. Perhaps they also broker domains and use that to their advantage in communications.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont call it cybersquatting..

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
I love how they're all blaming KenyaTech for their own mistakes. Don't we see this sort of thing over and over again?

Thank you for the link, no I have not seen it before.

Let me jump here, too.
I am amazed with that forum links, I mean, they complain for a company grabbing deleted domains ? do they think it is the only one company doing that !? LOL
They should change the forums name : the-stupid-webmasters.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Oddly they grabbed 2 domains of associates of mine - who would not renew anyway. Their domain portfolio is rather weak but large.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
All of a sudden I am typing in several of their domains daily...Anyone got the scoop?

yeah, u r typing-in some $0 worth domains :-D

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
producer said:
yeah, u r typing-in some $0 worth domains :-D
Yet, ALL the time private five figure private sales are arranged for domains that resellers would consider "worth" $20 (or less).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom