Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

KerryEdwards.com owner CNN interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(CNN) -- KerryEdwards.com is getting a lot of attention, but you won't find any pictures of the Democratic presidential candidate and his running mate.

The online address belongs to Kerry Edwards, a bail bondsman from Indianapolis, Indiana. He joined CNN's Carol Lin to discuss the coincidence and the Web site.

LIN: I don't suppose your middle name is John?

EDWARDS: No.

LIN: No such luck there. All right.

EDWARDS: But my wife's name is Elizabeth.

LIN: Oh, I cannot believe this coincidence. How much do you think this Web site is worth? Because you've been offered a lot of money for it.

EDWARDS: Yes, I have. And I've actually been contacted by a couple of international companies who were interested in buying it. But I have no confirmed offers at the moment.

LIN: How much money have you been hearing?

EDWARDS: My largest was $150,000. And I've been told by a couple of other professional people that deal in domain brokering that it's worth much more than that ... I'm not really schooled in how they work. How they track, you know.

LIN: Well, who's contacted you specifically? You mentioned a couple of businesspeople. What about anybody from the campaigns?

EDWARDS: Tuesday morning I was contacted by the John Kerry campaign and I spoke to their lead counsel. And they just decided to decline on the Web site at this time.

LIN: Now, this was your Web site -- it was just a family notion, right, to get pictures of a toddler out?

EDWARDS: Right. Back in, I think it was 2002, I decided to register it, just for me and my son. My son's name is Kerry Edwards as well. And I would just put pictures of him on it, and e-mail my mom, tell her to go look at it. That's pretty much about it.

LIN: So when John Edwards was announced [as vice presidential candidate], what was your reaction?

EDWARDS: I was asleep, and then I got the phone call from the lead counsel. And I said, oh, boy.

LIN: Yeah. So when are you going to put their minds to rest? What are you going to do with this Web site?

EDWARDS: I hope to wrap it up pretty soon. I was faxed a couple of offers last night. But I've not been able to get back in contact with those people to confirm who they are, or if they're legitimate offers. So maybe by Tuesday morning, I hope to get it done.

LIN: Now, you voted for President Clinton. Why not help out the party again?

EDWARDS: How do you mean?

LIN: Sell it to the Kerry people for whatever they're willing to pay for it.

EDWARDS: For whatever they're willing to pay for it?

LIN: Yeah.

EDWARDS: I don't think they're willing to pay what it's actually worth, and I'm not in the financial position to just give away money. So if they were willing to pay what the Web site's worth, that's great, I'll give it to them.

LIN: Now, let's find something -- when we log on now, we see pictures of missing kids. What's that about?

EDWARDS: I was contacted by a man yesterday, he e-mailed me, and he was looking for his children and asked me if I would put that link up. And I was more than happy to do that.

LIN: Knowing that it would get a lot of hits?

EDWARDS: Yeah, hopefully. Hopefully, he will be able to find his children.

LIN: How many hits in the last week have you gotten on the Web site?

EDWARDS: I had not actually checked the total since yesterday. But since Tuesday morning, I believe like at noon, through maybe yesterday morning, it was like 200,000.

LIN: Wow! All right. I'm sure they're surprised at what they see. We'll see what happens.

Kerry Edwards, our regards to your wife, Elizabeth. And let us know what happens with the Web site, will you?

EDWARDS: Thanks, Carol.

LIN: Thanks much. KerryEdwards.com.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS...ards/index.html

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
LIN: Sell it to the Kerry people for whatever they're willing to pay for it.

EDWARDS: For whatever they're willing to pay for it?

hahah, i love this part :)) .. and the sense of sharp disbelief in his voice :))

i luv this country :)

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice maybe he should wait to see if they make it to the whitehouse be worth more then but then again if they lose could be worth nothing,,,,,

www.KerryEdwards.us :-D

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
btw, i really don't see why these morons don't want to use kerryedwards.US ??

it's offered for free to them, and it is .us??? so where is the problem?

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes they should use both .com and .us

Maybe .us for high dollar donors and .com for the general public.

Obviously the KerryEdwards campaign are risk averse and not forward thinking.

One doesn't win a presidential campaign by playing it safe.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gogeorge said:
One doesn't win a presidential campaign by playing it safe.

that's exactly what they think it takes. did you see what happened to howard dean?

american politics is like american footbal - very conservative.

in eitehr case, i don't understand the reluctance - if they promote kerryedwards.us on all the tv/print/online media, i don't see the problem?

if they tell people go to kerryedwards.us - majority of them will go to kerryedwards.us

yeah, some of them will still go to kerryedwards.com, but so what? some of them will fall this morning on their way to tie their shoes too, but so what?

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
producer said:
if they tell people go to kerryedwards.us - majority of them will go to kerryedwards.us

It's much more likely that if they tell them to go to kerryedwards.us that the majority will end up at kerryedwards.com, kerryedwardsus.com, kerryedwards.us.com or kerryedwardsdotus.com.

The majority of surfers never heard of .us and are likely to go to some variant of a .com even if they have, just out of sheer routine.

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namedropper said:
It's much more likely that if they tell them to go to kerryedwards.us that the majority will end up at kerryedwards.com, kerryedwardsus.com, kerryedwards.us.com or kerryedwardsdotus.com.

The majority of surfers never heard of .us and are likely to go to some variant of a .com even if they have, just out of sheer routine.

That is why I would use .US as a high dollar donor site for a unique market segment of people for special events, a blog or some unique site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom