Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Keyword EPC at Sedo question?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scizza

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had the best results with CTR with a particular domain I own on Sedo but the EPC is so low. I have been playing with keywords like Music, Web Hosting, Travel and have seen VERY low EPC. When I say low, I mean 5 to 7 cents per click.

Where do they get their figures from? Are they making 30 cents and giving us 5 cents? I cant figure them out yet.

Does anyone know what Sedo pays per keyword or what keywords they pay higher revenues for?

Thanks!

jlaine

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google's advertisers are not paying much for general keywords like that. You need to target more and find 2-3 phrase keywords to use at your Sedo account for that domain.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had the best results with CTR with a particular domain I own on Sedo but the EPC is so low. I have been playing with keywords like Music, Web Hosting, Travel and have seen VERY low EPC. When I say low, I mean 5 to 7 cents per click.

Where do they get their figures from? Are they making 30 cents and giving us 5 cents? I cant figure them out yet.

Does anyone know what Sedo pays per keyword or what keywords they pay higher revenues for?

Thanks!

seems the problem is, you are using keywords that do not relate to the domain.

how can music,webhosting and travel all be related to 1 domain name?

forgive me if I misread your issue.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no hard and fast rule with respect to SEDO revenue share. They do not follow the standard practices of other programs and is therefore not directly based on what the upstream company (Google) pays them.

For the generic keywords you have mentioned, the revenue will depend on the origin of the traffic.. 5 to 7c suggest that the traffic is non US.

In order to get the best result, you will have to target the keywords that directly relate to your domain.

Unless you are talking about the domain MUSICWEBHOSTINGTRAVEL.com I would do a bit more research on the target audience and target correctly.

Or you could.... nah too easy :p

Thanks!

scizza

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. The domain is Anycities.com. The traffic is 3,000+ visitors per day. It is making 7 cents per click on avg with 100 or so clicks per day.

It was a 'Free Web Hosting' site for years. Now it is just parked.

The name doesnt really have much to do with web hosting but that is what it was used for in the past.

The traffic is 40% US and then spread out throughout the world.

Let me know if you have any ideas on the best way to monetize.

Thanks again!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
like me its UNIQUE... actually got a company in india to design it for me.

Gotta Love RentaCoder..

They Designed the Little guy and the Big D and I designed the text.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. The domain is Anycities.com. The traffic is 3,000+ visitors per day. It is making 7 cents per click on avg with 100 or so clicks per day.

It was a 'Free Web Hosting' site for years. Now it is just parked.

The name doesnt really have much to do with web hosting but that is what it was used for in the past.

The traffic is 40% US and then spread out throughout the world.

Let me know if you have any ideas on the best way to monetize.

Thanks again!

maybe try keywords like "city map"

mxzsleds

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
try "web hosting domain name" or "domain hosting"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom