Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Keyword Evaluation Feedback - Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_socal2000

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am curious to get your feedback on the following situation. Please tell me if I am on the right track.

I am looking at a specific industry that has an exact search of 20,000 a month. The CPC value is approximately $25.00. When I place a geographical name in front of that search term, it registers 2,000 exact matches and has a contextual value listed at $7.50. Nearly all the ad groupings in this subject are listed as highly competitive.

Interestingly, all the major extensions for this keyword are taken (.CC is available). But none of them show up on the first page of google. A variant of this phrase with a hypen does, however. The domain with an abbreviation for the geographic name and industry spelled out is available in .INFO. However, this exact phrase matching this domain only has 150 exact searches with a similar contextual value.

Question 1: Do these keyword numbers signal potential here or am I mistaken?

Quesiton 2: How important is the exact match domain? If I can only get the .CC, is it worth it? Is getting the abbreviated domain with the .info extension going to work if I get the right content up there/seo where I clearly and repeatedly state the full geographic name in my content?

Question 3: Assuming that these numbers are worthy of pursuing further, what would be my next step in evaluating the potential of this "niche"? When I do a google search, the top 10 don't seem all that impressive and I feel I can outrank some of them. But, what do I know...I am a newbie. What are some tools one should use to further assess the competitiveness of this field?

Thank you for your assistance.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom