Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Keyword problem on Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not seem to be able to update the keywords to several domains I have added recently. It worked ok at first, but now cannot change on particular ones. Is there some kind of problem or does Sedo limit the number of changes to particular domains?

Thanks
Stephen.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The keywords are either irrelevant or Sedo is slow updating.

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
The keywords are either irrelevant or Sedo is slow updating.

No, that's not the problem. They are relevant but when I try to save the keyword changes nothing updates - i.e. the status marker doesn't change to amber and the keyword doesn't change. This only happpens to a few domains.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, how do you change the main keyword. Is it just a matter of entering a keyword in that suggestion box and clicking on the execute button? It aint very clear how to go about it...

terryhealy99

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same problem here, would appreciate some help. I actually went through 20 domain sand set up different categories but the changes were not saved. Very annoying.

Terry

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
terryhealy99 said:
same problem here, would appreciate some help. I actually went through 20 domain sand set up different categories but the changes were not saved. Very annoying.

Terry

So it's not just me - this is still happening to me. Ok when I first enter but then problems after. Never did get a satisfactory answer from Sedo Support.

Stephen.

S

SedoCoUk

brassneck said:
I do not seem to be able to update the keywords to several domains I have added recently. It worked ok at first, but now cannot change on particular ones. Is there some kind of problem or does Sedo limit the number of changes to particular domains?

Thanks
Stephen.

Hello all,

I just did a thorough QC of our keyword optimization tool and it is working I think the problem here is that the keywords that you were choosing weren't generating ads.

Keywords that are too general or too obscure will either produce too many ads or none at all and as a result the choice of keyword will be automatically rejected.

To avoid this you can check your keyword suggestion by clicking on the previe icon just to the right of the keyword field. The icon looks like a little magnifying glass on a piece of paper.

A keyword will be approved if it returns germane ads. If it results in the portal page you'll want to suggest a different keyword.

If you have any specific examples where you can't get a keyword suggestion through please pm or email me.

Jay Finnan
Director of Customer Relations
Sedo.com LLC
[email protected]
(617) 758-4268

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No these were definitely keywords which served ads - e.g. "days out" or "caravans". The traffic light does not update on savings (i.e. turning from green to yellow). I do think however the keywords are eventually changed - it's just that you can't track progress properly.

Stephen.

SedoCoUk said:
Hello all,

I just did a thorough QC of our keyword optimization tool and it is working I think the problem here is that the keywords that you were choosing weren't generating ads.

Keywords that are too general or too obscure will either produce too many ads or none at all and as a result the choice of keyword will be automatically rejected.

To avoid this you can check your keyword suggestion by clicking on the previe icon just to the right of the keyword field. The icon looks like a little magnifying glass on a piece of paper.

A keyword will be approved if it returns germane ads. If it results in the portal page you'll want to suggest a different keyword.

If you have any specific examples where you can't get a keyword suggestion through please pm or email me.

Jay Finnan
Director of Customer Relations
Sedo.com LLC
[email protected]
(617) 758-4268

S

SedoCoUk

brassneck said:
No these were definitely keywords which served ads - e.g. "days out" or "caravans". The traffic light does not update on savings (i.e. turning from green to yellow). I do think however the keywords are eventually changed - it's just that you can't track progress properly.

Stephen.

At very least its not user friendly. Please pm or email me the domain names and keywords you were trying to use with them and I'll point out the issue to someone in our tech department.

Jay
[email protected]

Mr. Deleted said:
Jay, are you the new Sedo mod here at DNF?

Didn't mean to disregard you Mr. Deleted. Yes, I'll be the new mod for a little while and I'm looking forward to talking domains with you guys over here on a daily basis :)

Jay
[email protected]

terryhealy99

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jay, i will email you later today with my problems. something is not working here

Terry

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Using the keyword examiner I found an ideal keyword for a domain (using a "dummy" domain), but when I came to add the new domain to my sedo account, and put in the same keyword in the key word examiner, I no longer got those great results, just one of the generic landing pages.

I probably wasted 10-15 minutes unsuccessfully trying to "get it to work".

S

SedoCoUk

dotNetKing said:
Using the keyword examiner I found an ideal keyword for a domain (using a "dummy" domain), but when I came to add the new domain to my sedo account, and put in the same keyword in the key word examiner, I no longer got those great results, just one of the generic landing pages.

I probably wasted 10-15 minutes unsuccessfully trying to "get it to work".

Hi .netKing,

The keyword optimizer will submit your suggestions for new keywords to a member of our staff who will approve the suggestions before they go live. This extra step was added to make sure that new keywords led to better converting ads and were relevant to the domain name. So youre keyword here was probably pending when the parked domain still resolved to the generic portal page.

Jay
[email protected]

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hi .netKing,

The keyword optimizer will submit your suggestions for new keywords to a member of our staff who will approve the suggestions before they go live. This extra step was added to make sure that new keywords led to better converting ads and were relevant to the domain name. So youre keyword here was probably pending when the parked domain still resolved to the generic portal page.

Jay
[email protected]

Hello Jay,

Thanks for your attempt to address this.

I'm not sure if it does really address the issue though. The inspection tool shows you how the landing page will look if the keyword is accepted. I tested out the domain name as keyword "tomame", but on a different domain name (aise.info, I think) and it gave a good landing page. I then used the inspection tool on the actual domain name, and it no longer gave any targetted results at all, just the generic portal.

This is the inspection tool, not the actual page when the domain is typed in. As far as I can see, the inspection tool should give the same results on whatever domain the test is tried.

I wonder if it is anything to do with the two domains being input with different languages, although it shouldn't, especially as I am looking for the initial Spanish results and the domain is a Spanish word (whereas the word I used for the first successful test isn't Spanish).

S

SedoCoUk

dotNetKing said:
Hello Jay,

Thanks for your attempt to address this.

I'm not sure if it does really address the issue though. The inspection tool shows you how the landing page will look if the keyword is accepted. I tested out the domain name as keyword "tomame", but on a different domain name (aise.info, I think) and it gave a good landing page. I then used the inspection tool on the actual domain name, and it no longer gave any targetted results at all, just the generic portal.

This is the inspection tool, not the actual page when the domain is typed in. As far as I can see, the inspection tool should give the same results on whatever domain the test is tried.

I wonder if it is anything to do with the two domains being input with different languages, although it shouldn't, especially as I am looking for the initial Spanish results and the domain is a Spanish word (whereas the word I used for the first successful test isn't Spanish).

Yes, you are correct. If you use the same keyword for two different domains the preview tool should return the same results, all things being equal.

Jay
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom