Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

keyword selector tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is it me or is this tool temperamental?
sometimes it works, then sometimes it takes that long to load it just goes to a google search page?

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I assume that you're talking about the ovt site. Yeah, it takes forever to load, if it even does load. Overture does a pretty awful job of maintaining that site, IMO..

DNA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i realise it's not only me who was facing that problem. IT's slow like snail, wonder if they ever maintain that site.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes it drives me crazy sometimes, well at least its not my comp which at first i thought it was lol

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well tonight saturday ive been trying for a few hours and i cant get anything with this tool, anyone in the same boat, or is it just my comp?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard yahoo will bring it down soon, and the OVT era will be over once and for all. The tool is being massively exploited by domainers and yahoo does not seem to appreciate this. After all, why would they, what we are doing is nothing short of the definition of parasitism

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its still not working for me, so is there something else i can use?
or is it just down to domainer experience wether a name has a lot of searches per month? isnt this gonna give all domainers a headache?

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes Joseph,

Domainwire posted the news a pair of weeks ago.

Myself I talk with the Yahoo APIs director last November.
He told me they are working on paid API, but with no release date.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well im going to be lost without it, as im sure a lot of us new guys here will also. damm what a bummer lol

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'll be brining up a tool within the next few weeks that will take care of most of your problems, and an API solution as well. I've got the overture DB archived for every registered domain for the past year (by month), including domain.tld and domain term. terabytes of data. while it won't be possible to check scores for new registrations, everything that was in the zones for the last year is in there (com/net/org) and a few hundred million terms.

expect this mid feb.

[email protected] with questions. unfortunately i did not collect international overture data (no cctld and international results).

DRT customers and premiumdrops members will get to beta test this before it is made public.

Sample search for term "something" results:

http://www.lezon.net/typein/sample-something.html

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since yesterday the Yahoo Overture suggestion tool is up again even if sometimes it is working slowly.
Look likes the definitive shut down rumor was FALSE.
What it appears to be scheduled is a new version that will be probably no free, but there is no official release date.
Look at Webmasterworld.com where you can read more.
This confirms my conversation with the director of Yahoo API, maybe the new keyword sugestion tool could be part of their global project of paid APIs...

I put online a tool you may find of of interest:

PopularSearches.com

Basically it allows to search term popularity using the Overture or the Trellian feed. Cool when Overture is busy or unreachable.
Google term trends has also been plugged in this tool.

Before anyone complaint about self advertising:
This is a tool offered for free today.
A real courtesy because this tool is costing us a lot of money...
(this is why further we may ask a reasonable fee that at least cover part of our TRELLIAN data expenses).

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a keyword that shows an 80 on Overture, but 1,290 when using your PopularSearches.com Trellian search. I'm not familiar with the latter. Can you explain the distinction between the two and why there would be such a difference?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom