Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Keywords and trademarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would say imo, that the artist's name would be a lower paying keyword to use than the genre' of music that they perform.

but to answer directly, I have used artist's names in the past with no issues.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If TM keyword is not allowed there are no bids on it. TM keywords usually make best profit because although the amount per click is low the clickrate is high.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe just use "sprockets"

using the company's name as a keyword would show your intent to "dilute" this brand, therefore "infringement".

it seems you are stuck on the brand name, rather than the product, which is what visitors would be looking for.

for instance if someone owned a typo of netflix, it would be better to use something like "movie rentals" or "movie downloads" or "dvd's".

imo

S

SedoCoUk

Hey guys,

I just checked with an associate of mine in the parking department, and it is not a problem if you use a trademarked word as a keyword for your parked page.

There are only problems with using a domain name that could be a typo or could be a possible trademark infringement, but as far as keywords go, you can use any word you like.

Sara

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have a domain that consists of a first name, last name of a famous actress. That's not the issue. I can't enter it into the Sedo database because the first name matches that of a famous ...trademark! Insane.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Must be Mercedes. :happy:

Is it?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Good guess but no. And it's not Porsche either LOL :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom