Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Kids.US Todays the day !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-2218032,00.html

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

"The international body that governs domain names refused to create a suffix - like ``.com'' and ``.org'' - for child-appropriate content. So the new ``.kids.us'' domain will be overseen by the federal government, though with participation voluntary in an attempt to avoid charges of censorship. "

ICANN ..."refused" ..
morons !

You think ICANN would want to do everything possible to give it self a better image..but nope..

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great news! Funny that there is nothing at the .us registry site about this latest news. Guess they are a bit slow. Anyone know any more details on how the rollout is suppose to go? Heard they have to crank this up fast (next 30 days). So, how do we get in?
Doc

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Leave them be. No cybersquatting allowed~!

cybersquatting? who said anything about ctybersquatting mole?

ANYONE can get "in" as long as they can provide kid friendly material , dont link to out side the kids.us area etc..

"leave them alone" tell disney that.. they'll be first in line on Kids.US names... !

Nabisco, RJR, you name all the major corporations will be all over this...

It's about getting to the market of 12 year olds and have them be a "loyal" customer for the next 60 years ...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Now the government is committed to spending millions promoting .us to both the kids and their parents. No other new extension has anywhere near that kind of marketing clout behind it. Can't wait to hear how the names will be allocated.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by O.C.
It would suck to be the previous owner of kids.us right now.
http://whois-search.com/index.php?query=kids.us

I'd imagine the new .kids.us names are just subdomains, no?

OC ..there was no previous owner of kids.us ..Kids.US was RESERVED for this rollout.

sub-domains ..yes thats precisely what they are ..as the kids get older they realize hey I am not a kid no longer (about 12-13) and they will wise up and simply add .US :D

The Bill reads that Kids and Parents must be made aware the kids only extensions.School systems will be required to use the area.. You have the US goverment TEACHING all the Kids in public schoolo Kids.US..

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sto...20021205-sbt-MICH-A1-Upton_s_kids__Web_do.sto

Once you have ythe WB and Disneys of the world in.. the kids will flock to Kids.US anyways...

M

mole

Leave .kids.us alone! For companies like disney. kids.us is not to be speculated on. I won't be surprised if Neustar makes this a qualified, restricted cctld and require documentation. If not, they only have to answer to Bush :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Leave .kids.us alone! For companies like disney. kids.us is not to be speculated on. I won't be surprised if Neustar makes this a qualified, restricted cctld and require documentation. If not, they only have to answer to Bush :)

Mole I'm not following you ..waht do you mean by

"For companies like disney. kids.us is not to be speculated on."

Bid

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mole I'm not following you ..waht do you mean by

"For companies like disney. kids.us is not to be speculated on."

Bid

Mole seems to be an "anti-squater.com", not promoting the
capitalization of name grabbing in the dot-world.
Maybe somewhere politically near 'Ralph Nader'.
It's healthy though!

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This will be the topic of much discussion for quite awhile. It will be interesting to see what restrictions there will be on obtaining a .kids.us domain and if commercial interests either directly or indirectly through promotion and advertising will be prohibited. My guess is that they will allow commercial interests to participate.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by think
This will be the topic of much discussion for quite awhile. It will be interesting to see what restrictions there will be on obtaining a .kids.us domain and if commercial interests either directly or indirectly through promotion and advertising will be prohibited. My guess is that they will allow commercial interests to participate.

Theres no need to guess ..commercialization will be ALL over Kids.US.. just a matter of what products will be on an approved list..

scrol half way down and read the Toy Inductry asscoiations response and intrest in Kids.US they represent over 250 manufactors with retail sales of 25 BILLION annually..

http://www.neustar.us/kids/kidsus_guidelines_comments.pdf

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon

Mole seems to be an "anti-squater.com", not promoting the
capitalization of name grabbing in the dot-world.
Maybe somewhere politically near 'Ralph Nader'.
It's healthy though!

I would appreciate it if Mole would discuss the issue instead of making nonsenical statements..

How on earth can disney cybersquat Kids.US ?

Cybersquating rules and regulations are already in place ...thats a non-issue..

what is at issue is what methods of screening webites and webmasters will be used.

Anyone and everyone (except registered pediphiles..as should be)will have a "right" to register KIds.US domains and have the opportunity to be included..thats basically settled..

I would suggest anyone intereted in getting into Kid.US read as much as you can about what they are going to be looking for to help beter your chances of getting in..

You are going to have literally tens of millions of kids and parents .

Imagine that market and very little competition!.. Imagine you only have to compete against 1 thosand sites instead of a million sites for ranking for a "captive" market ! :)

http://www.neustar.us/kids/

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder if other countries will follow, like Kids.CA...

RMF

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
I wonder if other countries will follow, like Kids.CA...

RMF

:) I read that yesterday..cant find the article (I look again).. I mentioned this weeks ago..

the US is a LEADER..when the rest of the world see's that America is setting aside an area only for Kids..they'll also have these debates and realize that is is the apprpriate thing to do.

I found my first thread of "regular" people's opinions at geek.com..

looks good...

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2002Dec/gee20021205017612.htm

The key to whatever site you build the MAIN criteria from my little bit a research is EDUCATIONAL..if your sites main content is educational and the "sales" is secondary then you'll most likely be accepted..

I did read ..it's going to be in about 6 months..sometime this summer..

M

mole

I would appreciate it if Mole would discuss the issue instead of making nonsenical statements.

No interest discussing the kids.us issue, bid, except that this should not be an area for registrations with cybersquatting or profiteering intentions in mind imo.

If Neustar had any sense, they would charge at least $500 per year for every name reg on this namespace so that they don't go back to DoC like a whinning ol grandma to say they didn't have the funds to police users of the namespace. The .kids.us namespace was endorsed by the US government in memory of a young girl who got murdered by some maniac she met on a chat board.

I am just disappointed that the kids.us namespace is being discussed here like another commodity to be exploited for personal gain. :mad:

Call me self-righteous for all I care, but we must draw the line sometimes in this mad dn industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom