Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Kids.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like kids.us thing may take more than we all thought afterall. Just heard on CNN that AOL is launching KOL for kids under 12 to cater to the kids.us extension. So grab them up now.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KOL doesn't have anything to do with the kids.us extension. It is a new kids area on the main AOL .COM site that they are launching in an effort to stop losing subscribers (they lost over a million last year). I would guess it is also a move to COMPETE with kids.us which could take even more subscribers away from AOL. Here is a link to the full story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51543-2003Sep9.html

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Either way, there is some definite interest in protecting children online.

btw: zouzas owns the .kids.us namespace... Congrats to him for his foresight.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
...zouzas owns the .kids.us namespace... Congrats to him for his foresight. [/B]

What does this mean? Please explain. :undecided

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Name-Maker

What does this mean? Please explain. :undecided

business.kids.us
movie.kids.us
tv.kids.us
space.kids.us

etc., etc. He did very well in getting "key" names

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He obviously missed a few... see the ones you and I have posted already...

I'm still not sure about jumping in this lake.

Anyhow, here's a few more freebies...

star.kids.us
encyclopedia.kids.us
index.kids.us
rap.kids.us
adventure.kids.us

I'm sure there's plenty more where that came from, but if we drill it down to dollars and common-cents (sense), it just ain't worth the $95 + $250 / yr imho. Zouzas must have some VERY deep pockets.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Name-Maker
Zouzas must have some VERY deep pockets.

If "kids.us" takes off he'll have even deeper pockets. I like his style. He is a true-blue believer in Dot .us. The reason why some toil in the trenches for so long is because they take "nibbles" at certain investments. Then when the price get's to high, it's too late to really make a profit. I say if you are going to invest, place all your eggs in one basket and then let it ride. AFTER carefully acessing what it is your investing in. Dot US to me is one of those "safe" investments. I can't see it beating dot com, but I don't see it "languishing" like a lot of other name-spaces... Dot kids.us. The revenue stream is the big question for these domains. My plan is to have corporations sponsor my sites.

bottomline: I invested in (3) names, and possibly (1) more... I risked very little (I think).

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing that sets Zouzas apart from so many others is that he is not only a booster of his preferred extension, he is building that namespace out with numerous high quality websites. Rather than wait for someone else to make it happen, he is making his own future and I would not bet against his success. He is helping everyone with .US investments through the work he has been doing.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
The thing that sets Zouzas apart from so many others is that he is not only a booster of his preferred extension, he is building that namespace out with numerous high quality websites.

This is another reason why I bought a few "Kids.us" names. I know he will give the "kids" name-space a boost with his commitment to build his sites. Neustar will need to cut him a break on the yearly $250 content review fee!

He is definitely a class act! And a smart businessman...

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious.... what are some of his active sites???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom