Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Kill the Live Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Put it out of it's misery ...

It's clear that those that wanted to cleaup all the traffic that the small players brought ..effectively cleaned up all interest in the auctions..

Close it up for a month..

People dont know what they have until it's gone.. so simply shut it down until people show an interest in a place where ALL DNF members can be part of a LIVE AUCTION...

It's fun when you have traffic.. dosent matter if most are dealing in mediocre names.it generates a feeling the "excitement" of competition..even over the mediocre names.. it's fun dammit..

(let me clarify.. it's "fun" when people ask $1 for a piece of crap domain......it's retarded to ask $20 , $40 , $500 for the same garbage.. and that is what is going on)

When you try and create an "exclusive" club atmosphere for only the "big players" you get nothing but resentment ..

The bannings were wrong the dealing with the auction was wrong..

just my 2c .. wait a second.. I think I'll start this advise off at $300 .. I mean it's damn good advise IMO and people should pay for it.. I dont have time to dink around transfering this advise for just 2c..

I want only SERIOUS domainers to buy this advise , and I dont want other 2centers mudding up my auction for this quality piece of advise..

If you cant pay $300 for this advise then you shouldnt be in the domain business

:D

:laugh:

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree.....let the auction die.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
great point. Until now, i dindt want the auction to go, too hard to let something that was once great to die. But if you take it away, people will miss it than maybe it will gain popularity.

Its bound to go downhill again once this happens though, so take it away again :)

As for the too high prices, I must say there are 1-3 people contributing to this, not alot. They need to stop it, its pathetic.

I hate to mention names, but its obvious and i believe necisarry.

Check this weeks liest, look at the 2 only sellers and lok at thier prices. Those names have been on there week after week at too high prices for the reseller market.

I know I cant judge how much others want to sell for, but i think its contributing to the death of the auction.

GuardSecurity.com $150 !?
OnVC.com $145 ?!
GoRefinancing.com $225 !

Comon.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The live auction seems to have slipped into the format of being "just another place to list names for sale", which is a shame because it then ceases to be an auction.

Maybe it's time to give it one last chance but making it mandatory to list at a minimum starting bid, say $1, $5, or $8 - no more $100 or $6k reserves!
Of course to begin with nobody is going to chance too many good names until there's a good attendance but it just might get it on track - after all what is an auction if not a lot of people trying to get something they want as cheaply as possible. With enough people following the auction it could build it back up to what it was intended to be at the begining.
All it needs is the change to the reserve, a lot of hype and publicity and a few people willing to chance a few "reasonable" names to set it going - I'm willing if you are!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't always believe in free markets, but for non-necessities, what the heck? Yes, it may not be a good idea to have those same repeated listings for week after week; this may be an area we should look into. However, I don't see any problem with people listing names with a million dollar starting/minimum bid (like those on eBay). It takes a learning curve to price your names right. Frankly, I don't think asking $150 and $225 for GuardSecurity.com and GoRefinancing.com respectively is outrageously high. It could well be a good bargain to end-users whom we never forbid here. And challenging specific upcoming auction listings here is not particularly nice (similar to trashing a sales thread), esp. when ProDealer's GoRefinancing.com did not even show up in last 3 auctions.

EDIT: added the word specific

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope that nobody thought that my post was "trashing" or "bashing" or getting at anyone personally - my comments were a personal view of the live auction based on bidawinner's original post.
If I have offended anyone in my contribution I of course apologise.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edited my earlier post.

General comments on the live auction, esp. those well-organized and nicely presented like that of Mr Webname, are always welcome. On the other hand, I would recommend thinking twice (or even thrice as the Chinese say) before naming names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom