Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Kinda newbie question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Before I go and get myself in trouble I just want to find out if it is okay to visit my parked domains to see the keywords, layout etc. This will inflate the number of visitors or is there a way to view my sites without it "counting".

I just want to look at the keywords and content and make sure everything is relevant, etc. I don't want to click any links or anything and I want to keep the stats as accurate as possible.

Thanks for any help,
-$ideline

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely fine...I even check the categories sometimes (first link) to see if the right ads are showing up...just dont click on the sponsors and you are 100% fine..no worries..good question though. :eek:k:

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Before I go and get myself in trouble I just want to find out if it is okay to visit my parked domains to see the keywords, layout etc. This will inflate the number of visitors or is there a way to view my sites without it "counting".

I just want to look at the keywords and content and make sure everything is relevant, etc. I don't want to click any links or anything and I want to keep the stats as accurate as possible.

Thanks for any help,
-$ideline

You will be in BIG trouble , Don't ever visit you own page!

Come on mate use common sense :)

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's fine... I have, I check all the time. Actually yesterday I found out that one of my election names had the keyword 'dating' yet was pulling election ads for Edwards then it switch back to dating ads which was really really weird...

But so you know, Sedo allows you to view what ads would show up per keywords without actually visiting your own page

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol... 1112 way to mess up a newbie's mind... I almost believed you

Thanks for the help guys, couple of my keywords need to be updated I believe. I need to do some more research on optimizing them and play around a bit.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just find the domain and click the edit button and go from there.

Donny

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I emailed my account manager so he can do it so I don't mess everything up!

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it helps to check your domains after you make your edits. Occasionaly, I find that the template that displays is different then the one you see when you use the "Preview" on the edit page. Also, sometimes when changing the for sale message, I find that it doesn't get updated - I have to use remove message first, then save the new one.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it helps to check your domains after you make your edits. Occasionaly, I find that the template that displays is different then the one you see when you use the "Preview" on the edit page. Also, sometimes when changing the for sale message, I find that it doesn't get updated - I have to use remove message first, then save the new one.

If you run into any of these where the template is different than the one that is shown on the edit page, please let me or your account manager know about it. Because that shouldn't be happening.

Now about the for sale issue, that should only happen when replication has not updated on all of our DB servers, which should be faster than you can save and open a new window and type in the domain. But again if you run into any of these let me know.

Donny

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually I was mistaken - when I looked at some of my names again, it appears those differeing images were on my names that had the 1-click landers, which is actually a good thing. :)

Was just online and noticed that you now provide an instant preview of both on the same edit page which is a nice feature!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we just added it today, it has a small little bug that we are trying to work out somehow. But it's working rather nicely so far.

Donny

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
isn't the source in a parked page supposed to have the meta keywords tag??

ex- wallstdigest.com....no meta keywords tag???

please advise...am i missing something??

tony

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tony,
If you had the domain parked with us, then yes it would have meta tags, but you are using Namedrive.

Donny

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does NameDrive not use meta tags???...if so..then i'm moving to u ..:)

does NameDrive not use meta tags???...if so..then i'm moving to u ..:)

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny,

it's been almost a week since I emailed my account manager and he hasn't responded and the sites that needed correcting have not been done yet either.

Should I request a new account manager? I tried to do some editing but I am not seeing where I can change the catagories, I can just edit the key word.

Please help!

Thanks,
-$ideline

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, send me an email with your username and some examples of the issues you are having and I will take a look. Send them to donny at parked.com.

Donny

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Email sent. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom