Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

kpn.info Complaint Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kpn.info Complaint Denied :)

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haha nice one I read the WIPO very smoothly done ;)

LizzeyDripping

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have just read the decision.

Well argued and congratulations - the industry needs more people like you who understand the scope of their rights and can eloquently argue their case to effectively defend themselves against trade marks holders attempting to abuse the process. IMHO, obviously! ;)

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very well done, Dvdrip.

There has been a run of cases lately in which some panelists have caught on to the fact that simply because a page may display one or two TM-relevant links, that the presence of those links are not an indication of the domain registrant's intent in having registered the domain name.

While there are a number of "three-letter domain" cases, this particular case is significant and important for being one of a very few cases in which the panel recognized this principle:

http://www.arbiter.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2008/d2008-0055.html

"Although the services to which it provides links include mobile phones – which are a principal feature of the Complainant’s website – that is only one of more than 60 categories of goods and services for which links are provided. The respective websites of the parties are quite dissimilar and the likelihood of confusion arising amongst Internet users must be remote."

That is very important, and will put this case on my short-list of significant cases to cite in the future.

Again, very well done.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks John.
I was pretty anxious to see the decision.
I said to myself: If I lose this one, I will not reply to another UDRP complaint. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom