Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Landings, visits, hits, uniques, whats the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Using different ppc and adsense sites, why do they use different terminology ?

Example;

Trafficz - Landings
Dotzup - Visits
1plus - hits/uniques

Are these all what I understand to be uniques ?

Reason for asking is I moved a name from my main parking source, trafficz, to dotzup as it was getting 30+ 'landings' a day but virtually no clicks. Its been at dotzup a few days now but it's only getting 2 or 3 'visits' a day.

So, are trafficz 'landings' the same as dotzup 'visits' ? And if so, why the reduction - do they filter out 'visits' from some regions ?

Thanks for any insight - Jas

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes I think all of those terms at those particular parking companies are what they label as uniques, you are correct that after the move probably countries getting filtered out , or trafficz is not filtering what could be image traffic if the domain was a former expired , this happenes a lot with expired domains, there is hotlinks everywhere to thumbnails and such , not real traffic so no clicks.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks DNjet - is there any way I can check expired names for the type of traffic they are getting ?

BTW I've recently set up a name with your system - slimfirst.com - I'll put some more across over the next couple of weeks to test the water.

Jas

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Landings - I believe Trafficz uses this synonymous with Visits.
Visits - Visit by a surfer (or an indexing robot).
Hits - Requests to the server when the page is called up. If the page has 20 images then this equals 21 hits, 20 images + the page itself.
Uniques - Unique visits. Synonymous with Visits.

Hits is the most hyped and least accurate measurement. If a company is using it to measure visits they should call it visits not hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom