Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

laon.com $500,249.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just happened...

LAON.com (typo) just went for $500,249.00!!!

What a bargin ;)

GoPC

Domain Days 2024

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats to the seller!!! GREAT way to start 2007 ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a MEGA common misspell..I type laon all the time myself and I like almost never typo! That's still a BIG chunk of change..half a milly..wow

DNA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats to seller. what a big start for 2007, typos going for millions.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow what a sale.. where did the sale take place?

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry, thought I mentioned that.

Imagine what the guy feels like that dropped it!!!

Ouch

Just checked the Wayback Machine.... NO RECORD.

That's odd.... conspiracy afoot?

GoPC

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just checked the Wayback Machine.... NO RECORD.

That's odd.... conspiracy afoot?

GoPC
Well no. Not all sites are archived by Wayback Machine.

Laon is also the name of a French town.

Unless it gets massive type-in/typo traffic this one looks like another truly expensive buy (along the lines of date.org, which BTW is not even parked and not earning anything).
To me it doesn't sound reasonable.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
God,
i wish some of the freaks that pay this money at snapnames come to dnf & sedo & pay that money. don't know what the deal is at snapnames, the money some people pay there is ridiculous.
Dont care how good the traffic is. I've had a couple of major traffic names & sometimes the traffic disappears, literally. Then comes back.It's spooky! :lol:
Pred

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames, while obviously having a quality "drop" inventory, leverages human psychology (auctions, etc) and simple statistics to get top-dollar sales ... advertise a domain to many numerous potentially interested people with a good sales pitch, and it likely will sell ... and for top-dollar.

On a related topic, as quality domain names become more recognized by the public at-large as having real value, the valuations will continue to esculate ...

Think end-user, think real estate, think corporate ... 6-figures to many of us here seems like a lot of money for a domain, but in the eyes of investors, business, etc that's not much compared to what they spend elsewhere.

Quality domains, as perceived by an end-user, appear very rare ... I've observed, including on the forums here and in offers to me personally, that there are many people willing to pay 5-figures just to get "something decent" so as to get started / expand in the business ... that tells me that 6-figures will in the not too distant future become the "norm" for even decent quality domains.

Ron

renec

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An amazing price for a typo! Snapnames is doing a great job attracting major buyers with deep pockets.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames, while obviously having a quality "drop" inventory, leverages human psychology (auctions, etc) and simple statistics to get top-dollar sales ... advertise a domain to many numerous potentially interested people with a good sales pitch, and it likely will sell ... and for top-dollar.

On a related topic, as quality domain names become more recognized by the public at-large as having real value, the valuations will continue to esculate ...

Think end-user, think real estate, think corporate ... 6-figures to many of us here seems like a lot of money for a domain, but in the eyes of investors, business, etc that's not much compared to what they spend elsewhere.

Quality domains, as perceived by an end-user, appear very rare ... I've observed, including on the forums here and in offers to me personally, that there are many people willing to pay 5-figures just to get "something decent" so as to get started / expand in the business ... that tells me that 6-figures will in the not too distant future become the "norm" for even decent quality domains.

Ron

Yes Ron. I agree pal.
They would have been better buying a top domain for that money though imo, not a typo. Don't care how good traffic is. It can just dissipate, then you are left with nothing.
However a great name is always a great name.
cheers
Pred

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would this be the highest priced typo ever then?

getschoolhelp

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow they couldn't make that sell anymor odd numbered uh.. why didnt they just make it an even $500,250????

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably a typo too :lol:

Fornit

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most stupid buying i ever see. For this amount they can probably buy loan.com

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most stupid buying i ever see. For this amount they can probably buy loan.com

Not so sure about that ... from what I recall loan.com sold for $3 Million awhile back.

$500K for a typo seems steep ... but if it has much targeted traffic (some have been burnt on drop domains whose traffic didn't pan out, such as chryslerfinance.com), then it's likely a good long-term purchase.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom