Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Large Fully Function AJAX Lyrics Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fully functional lyric site with admin area.
http://www.stomplyrics.com

Note: Due to my server's NameServers not rehashing, the site is currently viewable on: http://www.hockeyne.com . This has nothing to do with the script but rather my DNS server, you will not have a problem with the script! And the domain stomplyrics.com comes with it. I will post when it comes back online (admin tells me today).

Features:
AJAX Search Suggestions Like Google
Around 170,000 search engine friendly static pages
Constantly updated News on every artist page using RSS (this is a SEO trick)
Static, SEO friendly links, ex: http://www.hockeyne.com/lyrics/Eminem/ and http://www.hockeyne.com/lyrics/Eminem/Lose_Yourself/70033
User-submitted lyrics
Administrator area where you can approve or deny new lyric submissions

This was coded by myself, and was not purchased as a turnkey site/script.
It was designed with search engines in mind, everything is done in a way to maximize search engine returns.

It is designed in a template system. The header and footer are all in one file so you only have to change them once and they will be changed on all 170,000 pages.

Also left a lot of room for the new owner to easily place their ads to avoid congestion.

BIN: $350
PM or Post SOLD or Offers.

Because of my server's problems, I'm going to lower BIN to: $300 until it's fixed. But remember that it is not a problem with the script but rather my nameservers.

David

Domain summit 2024

cianuro

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any way the lyrics can be added automatically?
How does this site use AJAX?
How many other copies of the script are floating around (If any).
Will you be reselling further copies?

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cianuro,

I don't see how to add lyrics automatically is possible, I've never seen it in a comprehensive way. The only feasible way is to garner traffic and eventually the users will contribute themselves. If you have an idea on how to do this, please PM me.

If you begin to type an artists name into search you will see Search Suggestions appear, that is the AJAX functionality.

I'm not sure, I've made a few lyric sites over the years, I buy and trade sites for a living and I've been doing it for about 6-7 years and I believe I have made 3-4 lyric sites during that time period.

As for reselling further copies, I can't give you a definitive yes or no answer. I don't foresee myself selling this same script in the near future, but if I run into financial trouble or come up with a new idea for it, I might, I don't know and don't want to lead you on either way.

Thanks, hope that helps!

I'm also going to throw in a PR6 link for 1 month.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was this sold? If so are you offering to sell just the script?

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought the script/site design a few days ago to integrate into my existing site (before the poster posted SOLD), so it is up to David as he reserves the right to sell the script to others as he stated in his post above.

Thanks by the way David for the wonderful script! Could you send me the site logo graphics when you get a chance? I look forward to using this script on my site. Adam

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, Adam, totally forgot about the logo! I'll have it for you tommorow.

It's also good to note that Adam purchased the script for a somewhat different use, not to compete with the current script in anyway, but more of a content management system, which I think is a great idea!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom