Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Offers Large Paintball Forum - *Big-Boards.com and About.com Listed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
URL: PbVids.com

After much consideration over the last few months, I’ve decided to put my large paintball forum up for sale. PbVids.com started early July in 2004. My motive was to combine my video passion with my paintball passion. What I did was compiled all the videos I’ve ever made, and created a simple HTML table with direct links to the videos for download. I then spread the word to the other paintball forums around. The site went off with a blast. Since then, we have had partnership and sponsorship from major paintball companies and industries. If you go to any paintball tournament, either local or professional (NPPL, PSP, etc) people will know PbVids.com. I recently spoke to the owner of Reball, Syndicate Products, PSP, and the most popular women spokes models this summer. All have congratulated me, thanked me, or told me how much they liked the site. Most professional paintballers know of PbVids.com.

Members: 29,100 --- ~15 average/day
Uniques: 60,000 / month (1,600-2,300 true uniques / day)
Banner: http://www.pbvids.com/pbvids-468x60.gif
Monthly stats: http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3652/monthlyoverviewnm1.gif

Revenue Details:
Over the past two years I've received over $5,000 in donations/goldmemberships alone. I can't show a screenshot of this because it's spanned over two years.

~$350/month from direct banners/links.
~$125 Azoogleads (Most of this revenue was from PbVids. Some, but very little of it was from my other small site.

Sticker sales, this revenue varies.

When signing up for the forum, they have to agree to a TOS like any other forum. This TOS has been modified by me stating that they are agreeing to allow you to send them affiliate emails. So you can send them Azoogleads offers nice and legally. I’ve only done this once though. Not a big fan of it. But if you’re looking for money, which I hope you are, keep in mind you have access to a unique database holding 29,000 email addresses.

PbVids.com would be perfect for anyone interested in running a forum. Why… because you don’t even need to know anything about paintball. The site was created solely based on the purpose of building a community to share with each other their videos and whatever else they want to discuss. I haven’t paintballed in over a year and I do great.

Moderators do their jobs for free. I have around 5 moderators that are very active in the forums. You may have to deal with 1-2 reported posts per day, if that.

Most users are aged 12-18 and are male. You’ll find that this is the perfect niche market for targeted affiliate ads via Azoogleads.

Big-Boards.com Listed: http://www.big-boards.com/kw/paintball/
About.com Listed: http://paintball.about.com/od/freepaintballvideos/

Giveaways are perfect for increasing traffic. I’ve partnered with Derder Productions, Team Dynasty (best paintball team in the world), and some online stores. They give you stuff to giveaway in return for recognition. Simple, huh?

I’ve paid flash designers to design two different trigger pull games that paintballer’s love to play. This brings in a lot of publicity and traffic.
http://www.pbvids.com/index.php?page...gger_Pull_Game

The site is currently running on vBulletin 3.5.4 owned license. The front page uses the very popular vBadvanced – which I find very simple to use.

Why I’m letting it go: Very simple reasons that almost everyone can understand. I’m currently attending college and will be going out of state next year to study. I don’t feel right to neglect such a well-established website due to my own personal reasons.

Licenses: Owned vBulletin (included), vBgallery (now PhotoPost), and vBSEO.

Big-Boards.com Listed: YES

Domain: Registered with Namecheap.com. Expires in 2008. Free push to NameCheap.com accounts.

Advertising:
NONE!

STARTING BID: $500

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$500, do you have a BIN in mind?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$1100

j4md0nut

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great site and good luck with the auction... Any UK ones for sale???

andre

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi when does this auction end pls?

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a rough reserve in mind, but assuming that will be passed (most likely will), the auction should be no longer than 5 days. However this may change under certain circumstances.

BIN offers are welcomed as well.

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rex_b - I have PM'd you.

Current high bid: $7,000 via PM

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current bid is still $7,000. Auction will end wednesday at 6PM (central)

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Less than 24 hours left. All private messages answered. High bid has not changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom