Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Last 15/20 Handregs Sedo Free Appraised at $500-999

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Iam a getting a clue ? 500-999 last 15-20 hand regs. all .coms ... 15 X 500 sounds good to me for a limited number hours worth of work :cheesy:

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dont get too excited, they actaully have to sell first. most of my appraisal from sedo came back over 1,000 - how many did i sell last year...5!

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I appraise all of your domains at 10x whatever Sedo did.

BAM!

You're rich man!

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gosh another 6 more today all $500-999 are they being generous or em I getting a little better after a couple months.. got a few in there that read $5000-10,000 ... That would be nice!

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recommend ignoring the Sedo appraisals altogether. All things being equal, it may mean you're picking better domains than before. But the numbers they churn out have only the meagerest correlation with real sales prices.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok. Thanks everyone for the advice! Speaking of ??? for more accurate appraisals where does one head? I know the forum has a section, but haven't seen much love on any askings there ....

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
let us know when you sell a domain, at anywhere near your appraisal, you really can't be thinking, you register domains all day, and whatever sedo guesses, turns into cash... there are about 1,000,000 other domains sitting at sedo, right next to yours...

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say all day Airmax; maybe a handful a week, just a new guy in this business. Just asking for opinions? maybe I am not thinking (compared to your critical thinking skills? Please share if you have a more fine toothed strategy, I will listen)! And these are SEDO's appraisals not my own. My opinions of appraisals seem to be out of whack at times, some seem to be worth nothing, and others seem to be worth more according the free price suggestion (more than i might have reasonably guessed) I claim nothing and expect nothing.. Just another guy learning somethings here and there!

"let us know when you sell a domain" I will as well and I will fill in the questions if asked

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say all day Airmax; maybe a handful a week, just a new guy in this business. Just asking for opinions? maybe I am not thinking (compared to your critical thinking skills? Please share if you have a more fine toothed strategy, I will listen)! And these are SEDO's appraisals not my own. My opinions of appraisals seem to be out of whack at times, some seem to be worth nothing, and others seem to be worth more according the free price suggestion (more than i might have reasonably guessed) I claim nothing and expect nothing.. Just another guy learning somethings here and there!

"let us know when you sell a domain" I will as well and I will fill in the questions if asked

If you want opinions post some of the domains you are registering for appraisal and I am sure the qualified people here, will give you a realistic estimate... It is ok to be new, and learning, but no point stating the same unrealistic information about sedo's appraisal system when posters above have told you, it is a gimmick at best, to get newbies to keep registering domains, parking them, and hopefully sedo can sell some, and make a commission...

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may very well be correct! I guess by my standards I would have never figured a (literal) pry 5-10 posts at max over the course of several days would be considered blabbering.. If it is I would very much like to kiss your ass and consult with an impatient mind that already has the experience and success that I am looking for!

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm relatively new myself, and knowing how to price a domain in listings and what offers to accept or reject is very important. The only thing more important, probably, is getting the domain noticed by people that might actually consider buying it. Anyway, I understand the need for appraisals.

Both Sedo and GoDaddy have an algorithm that spits out some numbers. Perhaps it's based on past sales, I'm not sure. But they're both pathetic algorithms. Partly that's me speaking as a domainer, but mainly it's my background in Electrical Engineering talking--since I specialized in writing predictive algorithms based on statistical models (adaptive filters, speech recognition, that sort of thing), and I can tell when it's been done by a lazy slob.

Estibot's does a bit better, but their prices are far off the mark too much of the time. I still use tools on Estibot, but I don't really consult their appraisals and only use it maybe to sort domains in bulk as a quick filter.

It's like this ... If I had a choice about picking a domain blindfolded from a bucket of domains that Sedo or GoDaddy or Estibot appraises at $1000+ or a bucket that they appraise at $0, I'd probably pick from the first. But would I list it for $1000 blindfolded? Or bet someone $100 that it would sell at all ever? No and no.

Early on, I paid for a bunch of hand-performed domain appraisals from a particular agency (You can PM me if you want the name). Their numbers still seem to correlate well with what I perceive their value to be. That is, I usually agree with them about the domains they judged to be low $XXX and the domains they judged to be $1XXX or mid $XXXX. But the domains I've actually sold haven't agreed with their assessments OR MY OWN ASSESSMENTS. End users can behave in bizarre ways, and some of what I regard as my least interesting domains have been picked up for $XXX or $1XXX while some of what the appraisals and I agree are mid $1XXX or mid $XXXX domains get no offers.

Here's why I gave up on paying for appraisals, though: My plan was to get 100 to 200 paid appraisals and extrapolate from those to the other domains in my portfolio. So, after I received the appraisal results, I carefully constructed an extrapolation tool. Did I succeed? Yes, I did. FAR TOO WELL! What I mean is this: When I ran the domains that were actually appraised by human beings through the extrapolation tool that I'd created, I got numbers that had a correlation of 0.89 with theirs--meaning I'd accidentally reconstructed the algorithm the people I paid were using.

I'm not trying to discredit the appraisal service. There are limits to what an appraisal algorithm or even human beings can do.

If you want to know what a domain is worth, you might try looking up past sales or current asking prices. The lowest current asking price for a similar domain is probably more relevant than the really high asking prices because that domain has probably been for sale for awhile without being bought.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may very well be correct! I guess by my standards I would have never figured a (literal) pry 5-10 posts at max over the course of several days would be considered blabbering.. If it is I would very much like to kiss your ass and consult with an impatient mind that already has the experience and success that I am looking for!

I would love to sugarcoat it for you, but if you can't take a hint, you shouldn't be in this business to begin with, but hey stay a while, you can continue to make godaddy, and icann rich, or you can stop, and listen to the wisdom in this forum, you might just learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom