Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Launching a new domain marketplace - what would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am launching a new domain name marketplace, specifically for cheap domains that you no longer want or need.

The platform is going to be different from many other domain marketplace platforms, as the site will have one low-cost registration fee (payable as soon as you join), and then, no matter what the price, the site will take 10% of your selling price when you sell a domain.

The site includes:

• the ability to list all your domain names
  • WhoIs verification on all domains
  • the ability to send a domain name to auction after one offer
  • you can pay for domains via paypal, escrow, or possibly from prepaid funds in your account
  • you can enter your registrar details and account number for quick transfer of domains
As I said, the marketplace is specifically for domain names that you don't want or need anymore, and you may also be able to pick up a bargain at a very low price there.

I'd be interested in your opinions on what you would or wouldn't like to see included on the site, via pm or on this thread.

Some have tested the site already, and I've had positive feedback so far.

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck...

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO.

You already started your project in the wrong approach. We don't want to see cheap domains, it's all garbage and domainers will only use it to dump their domain waste. Make something in between of Bido and Catchy.

Sedo is very stable business without charging users for a fee. Why charge your visitor for a fee. If you want to be another Afternic, goodluck.

Again this is just an opinion.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed, don't charge for registration. Or defer the charge until the first transaction... but I think it's more adequate to levy a % on sales.
TheWatcher is right, we don't need another Bido. It's a waste of time for everyone and there is no money in the lower end of the market. The overhead involved in completing transactions is the same for $20 or $5,000 domains.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thaks for your opinions, very much appreciated.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, an update: You will have to pay a token amount per domain added. You will also only be allowed to auction a domain depending on how popular it is. If a certain amount of users vote for the domain/view the domains' page, it will then have the opportunity to go to auction. You'll also be able to add your domain to the site and use it as a normal domain marketplace.

Transactions are done offsite through paypal or escrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators