Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Lawyers - be careful who you deal with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now - how the freak was this guy able to find ANOTHER attorney to represent him after shooting his first lawyer?

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was wild. Did you see the video? He is lucky there wasn't a cop closer because he would have been killed on the spot.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea I saw the video.

I couldnt really understand the whole situation, but from the looks of it either

1) The lawyers is very lucky the guy missed so many times

or

2) The guy is a HORRIBLE shot.

3) The guy is drunk

4) The guy wanted to scare his lawyer, not kill him.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It wasn't the gunman's lawyer.

The lawyer had represented a trustee of a fund from which the gunman was receiving payments for certain medical expenses. The gunman had brought a suit against the trustee, the trustee was represented by that lawyer.

When you sue the trustee of your trust fund, the trustee usually has the right to pay the lawyer out of the fund as an expense of administering the fund.

That's what the guy was upset about.

"2) The guy is a HORRIBLE shot."

No. He hit the lawyer.

But he forgot that he needed silver bullets.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"When you sue the trustee of your trust fund, the trustee usually has the right to pay the lawyer out of the fund as an expense of administering the fund.

That's what the guy was upset about."

When you put it like that - seems like the guy took a perfectly reasonable course of action :-D

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the guy wanted some money out of his trust and they wouldnt give it to him..but yet the attorneys had no problem dipping into it..

Every once in a while this is a good thing.. makes the lawyers, Bankers, trustees think twice

I'll bet he rememebers the silver bullets the next time :laugh:

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"the attorneys had no problem dipping into it"

Uh, no. He sued the trustee. The trustee won. The trustee's lawyer had to get paid. There would have been no "dipping" if this guy hadn't run up the bill.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jberryhill
"the attorneys had no problem dipping into it"

Uh, no. He sued the trustee. The trustee won. The trustee's lawyer had to get paid. There would have been no "dipping" if this guy hadn't run up the bill.

Oh yeah the Law part.. well at least everyone got what they deserved in the end..

I went to a doctor 3 months ago to have a few little specks "frozen" off ..they pull out a can of liquid nitrgion and zap a few spots o my arms..took 3 minutes.. Yesterday I got a bill for $2,700.00 .. I was rippped off , my insurance is being ripped off ..Oh yeah..but it's legal..

See this is WHY people get shot , beat up and threatened because our society is where screwing people over is protected..legal..

I dont the exact particulars of that persons case, and I certainly dont advocate violence as away to handle disputes.. but I do UNDERSTAND it..

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
Oh yeah the Law part.. well at least everyone got what they deserved in the end..

A man got shot in the head. For what? For not defending himself against a baseless lawsuit with his own money? Nobody would ever manage a trust fund if their own personal money were on the line anytime someone wanted to sue them for something stupid related to how the fund is handled. It's only right and reasonable that the trust fund pay for any baseless legal disputes that it causes. Now if the lawyer had done something wrong, by all means fine him out of his personal money, but he was just doing what he was supposed to.

If you think everyone got what they are deserved, you are one ****ing sick individual.

I went to a doctor 3 months ago to have a few little specks "frozen" off ..they pull out a can of liquid nitrgion and zap a few spots o my arms..took 3 minutes.. Yesterday I got a bill for $2,700.00 .. I was rippped off , my insurance is being ripped off ..Oh yeah..but it's legal..

If you think you got ripped off, support legislation to overhaul the health system, or tell the insurance company that you don't appreciate paying high premiums because of ridiculous pricing like this and convince them do something about it. Don't act light shooting people is fine.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedropper

A man got shot in the head. For what? For not defending himself against a baseless lawsuit with his own money? Nobody would ever manage a trust fund if their own personal money were on the line anytime someone wanted to sue them for something stupid related to how the fund is handled. It's only right and reasonable that the trust fund pay for any baseless legal disputes that it causes. Now if the lawyer had done something wrong, by all means fine him out of his personal money, but he was just doing what he was supposed to.

If you think everyone got what they are deserved, you are one ****ing sick individual.

If you think you got ripped off, support legislation to overhaul the health system, or tell the insurance company that you don't appreciate paying high premiums because of ridiculous pricing like this and convince them do something about it. Don't act light shooting people is fine.

Shooting people isit is how OUR country came about..we told the Brits to kiss are arses we are not paying the kings bogus taxes.. The King tried to dip in anyways and we drilled him a new ahole..

As far as the Insurance Company..I called them and they didnt care they were being billed $2,700 for 3 minutes worth of work.They said it's the law.
I have NO pity for these "legal" thieves....

And I'll say it again since you choose to overlook it.. I do NOT advocate violence as a means to settle disputes..but I DO UNDERSTAND it..

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I watched the video It dididnt look like he was hit.

Am I watching the same video?

the points i remember

i) The lawyer was dancing around a tree.

ii) The lawyer was standing the whole time.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I'll say it again since you choose to overlook it.. I do NOT advocate violence as a means to settle disputes..but I DO UNDERSTAND it..

That's just weasel speak. You approved of it, said he got what he deserved, said it was a good thing to keep them on their toes, and toss in a weak and moronic claim that you don't advocate it just to try to cover your ass.

Let's hope you never have to face down some clueless psychopath who wants to take the law into his own hands because of something perfectly legal and moral you do.

Steen, see this report for mention of wounds:
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/West/11/03/lawyer.shot.ap/

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steen
When I watched the video It dididnt look like he was hit.

Am I watching the same video?

the points i remember

i) The lawyer was dancing around a tree.

ii) The lawyer was standing the whole time.

Yep he was hit ..you can watch the video at cnn.com

And let me clarify for everyone about my recent comments on this thread..

My main contention is this..The man simply wanted some of HIS money.. the(court appointed) trustee said no ..he sued the truste and lost..

Lawyer and trustee took (legally) 6,000 out of mans account ..it was OK for THEM to take money ..but he couldnt get any of HIS money !

"At a hearing just before Friday's shooting, Murphy was removed from the case, but not before she and Curry were authorized to withdraw more than $6,000 from Strier's trust for their work, Trolard said.

"They're all supposed to be working for Strier," said Trolard, who added that Strier could not stand up straight because of back pain. "They were all consulting with each other ... and there wasn't a dime spent on William Strier"

My point is and remains while I do NOT condone violence ..I DO understand it..

but of course "they" had to be paid to protect the man from his money ! :laugh:

I would like to find out ..how much money the man (strier) wanted to begin with..

Ihave no doubt he is a loose nut and probably needed a trustee..but on the other hand this could have beed settled very easily by pacifying the gentleman and giving him a few of his own bucks..but then again the trustee and lawyer wouldnt have profited..so itt's a toss up :laugh:

Like I said..probably everyone got what they deserved in the end... The trustee is a nervous wreck , the lawyer has a couple of bullet holes (already out of the Hospital) with pee running down his legs and Strier will end up at a Mental Prison Hospital..

and it sent a remnder to all those to think twice about dipping in to other peoples money .."legally" or not.

So it all works out in the end..

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

My main contention is this..The man simply wanted some of HIS money.. the(court appointed) trustee said no ..he sued the truste and lost..

Lawyer and trustee took (legally) 6,000 out of mans account ..it was OK for THEM to take money ..but he couldnt get any of HIS money !

Do you know where the money in the trust came from?

"They're all supposed to be working for Strier," said Trolard, who added that Strier could not stand up straight because of back pain. "They were all consulting with each other ... and there wasn't a dime spent on William Strier"

Can't stand up straight from back pain, eh? But he can carry luggage, chase and shoot people.

Yeah, if I was that physically fit, then I would certainly think about setting up a medical trust fund from a $100,000 settlement for MY frivolous disability claim.

"Legal theft" indeed.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jberryhill

Do you know where the money in the trust came from?

Can't stand up straight from back pain, eh? But he can carry luggage, chase and shoot people.

Yeah, if I was that physically fit, then I would certainly think about setting up a medical trust fund from a $100,000 settlement for MY frivolous disability claim.

"Legal theft" indeed.

So now you are also a doctor !

Everyone that seen the tape could see the guy was in som much pain he couldnt even run away..he could only walk :laugh:

Well since neither one of us are doctors we have to leave that call to the Medical professionals.

Which means the money (whether we like it our not) belongs to Strier ..

And everyone else seems determined to get their hands on it.. Which Striers attorney seemed to make clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom