Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Lawyers on Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this is posted on the wrong section.

I am currently a law student entering my second year. I am looking to get experience in the legal aspect of this industry as well as other types of intellectual property law. If there are any attorneys here located in the tri state area who are looking for a summer associate or intern for summer of 2009, please PM me.

Thank you in advance for the opportunity,
Yury

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your search Yury. www aipla org - just in case if you do not this site. I hope it may be helpful.

-DNP-

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Read the legal threads here, you will learn a TON! Good luck!

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this is posted on the wrong section.

I am currently a law student entering my second year. I am looking to get experience in the legal aspect of this industry as well as other types of intellectual property law. If there are any attorneys here located in the tri state area who are looking for a summer associate or intern for summer of 2009, please PM me.

Thank you in advance for the opportunity,
Yury

Heya,

Good Luck with the legal internship in NYC area

Even as far back as 1999 when I was looking - its tough

Especially if your looking for a specific industry - i.e - IP is very competitive

Best to take what you can get

Even if legal experience is outside your area of interest - you'll get some good practical experience

I worked in mesothelioma litigation unit

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Worst 2 months of my life

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am spending this summer working for a solo practitioner specializing in personal injury. For next summer, I would like to try my hand at criminal law or corporate/intellectual property and thus my reason for this post. Thank you for all the help.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PI is practical experience

Learn the CPLR

Civil Procedure is important stuff

EnricoSchaefer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brett Lewis' law firm is in NY. He's one of the regulars here. -http://www.lewishand.com/ Try giving them a call!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome: goodluck

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised John Berryhill hasn't chimed in. He is one of the top lawyers for the domaining industry and a very regular contributor on DNF, he's in Philly. Another great guy is Stevan Lieberman, check out http://APLegal.com. He's based in D.C.

Now if you want to have a great travel experience, check out Paul Keating. He's now in Barcelona, Spain, which is a magical city! http://renovaltd.com.

Depending on your interest as regards your advocacy point of view, you might also check out the thousands of WIPO cases to see who are the consistently winning law firms, for complainants and respondents. If you go here:

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/index.html

you can start your search by several parameters, and perhaps see a trend in winning law firms.

Good luck to you, IP is a fascinating and select field.

Steve

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised John Berryhill hasn't chimed in.

I wish Yury the best of luck.

And, please, I mean this as no slight to anyone, but I am certain that my clients would consider it inappropriate for another domainer to have access to their confidential data on a temporary basis, as a matter of principle.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can start your search by several parameters, and perhaps see a trend in winning law firms.

...or how selective a firm is in taking cases. If, for example, hospital emergency rooms were scored on patient recovery, then you'd see emergency rooms turning down people most in need of help.

There are a number of very good attorneys in this field. Whether any firm wins or loses disputed cases more often is not a good metric. For one thing, it doesn't indicate how often a firm negotiates an acceptable settlement, deters the other side from bringing a case, maintains beneficial long-term relationships with clients, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom