Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Leasing domain redirection to competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbert

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just bought a generic word1word2.com domain and would like to temporarily lease it to word1-word2.net while my site is undergoing construction. It could take a good year before I have the site up as it is a really good name and I do not want to jump into things so soon. Therefore, it would be pointless to park the domain for the time being when I can lease a redirection to another site that I will be selling similar products as in the future. Is there a good way I can go about making a lease offer to a couple of these companies without causing future legal issues? First time poster. Thanks for your help

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be completely honest, if I owned the .net and I was approached in this matter. My first thought would be no. Why build up a name to then have the traffic directed elsewhere after a year. And, if you never stated that the lease is only for a year and that you would be using the domain for your site and then use the traffic the .net guy built up, I could see some ramifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom