Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

godaddy Leaving Godaddy And Not Looking Back

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company GoDaddy.
Domain summit 2024

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro, mention your volume at name.com they will probably match the best prices out there.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have no problem with ten cents or twenty cents more. That's not what it is about. It's about lack of ethics by a company that I've been a customer since 2000. Well, it's over.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what exactly happened ? Expired auctions are never awarded on the spot afaik.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, well, they don't state that on the landing page of these domains. They say "BUY THIS DOMAIN NOW".

I was given the "read the small print" treatment, and they didn't care about retaining a customer who spent thousands of dollars. Why should I care then?

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Theo, strange this is the first time this happened to you in 14 years.
As for ethics...you could say it's lack of common - business - sense

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've maintained domains there since 2000, it was the 2nd registrar I ever used after NetSol. It seems that the sole time that I really needed customer support - as opposed to trivial DNS issues etc - they did their best to ignore me. So fuck them, I'm out. I've no loyalty to a company that won't even issue account credit for faulty service.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You've been around a long time to not know how the domain aftermarket works. When you buy a name at Sedo, Afternic, or any other marketplace, it isn't "instant" either.
With your constant pimping of Uniregistry, it make one wonder...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Theo 's constant pimping of Uniregistry has led me to consolidate my entire portfolio there from Moniker due to their apathy towards privacy when it's written in their company name (which is still able to land me in a heap of trouble as I'm 'infringing on a trademark' and 'slandering a company by using *Sucks.com'). In addition to that my GD portfolio. This is because GD has given me shit and has held $$$$ from aftermarket domains for 5-7 days; in which some cases the owners have renewed, thus holding up precious capital while gems that I can no longer bid on pass by and I have to wait an additional 7-14 days for a refund.

When I tried to wait for the 7th day to make payment one time, I had a GD rep demand payment or I would essentially pay the price. Presuming by the tone of his voice, I think it would have been a suspended account or a closed auctions account.

I too am in the process of transferring all domains from GD and Moniker to Uniregistry and I have my pimp to thank for saving me the heartache. :rolleyes:

Since GD still has ripe names, I will still use them for the aftermarket. In the 60 days that I have, I park, develop and try to resell them. If they're not sold by then, they're going straight to Uniregistry.

Screw the DDC. I pay a few cents more and have 0 troubles.

How many times can I mention that Uniregistry is one of the best registrars? :D

Or should I say, how many more whores can @Theo get on 'the dark side'? ;)

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd consider you more theo's "fluffer" than his whore :p

We all know how GD's auctions work and I get just as impatient and annoyed as anyone, but I can't then pretend I don't know how it works after over 10 years.
Uni may be great as a registrar, but how do their auctions and aftermarket work in comparison to GoDaddy's?

When you bash one registrar over another, shouldn't you also reveal the fact that you have an advertiser-publisher relationship with one of them?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's pretty apparent when you visit DomainGang that there is. This is not linked to DomainGang, rather his personal/company blog in which there are no links.

They have no auctions and aftermarket, which makes things less complicated. That's why I stated I buy elsewhere and transfer in.

Fluffed.

Uniregistry.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in harmony -

he's leaving..... on the midnight train to Franky's

leaving on the midnight train, woo-woo

gobaddy sucks!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You've been around a long time to not know how the domain aftermarket works. When you buy a name at Sedo, Afternic, or any other marketplace, it isn't "instant" either.
With your constant pimping of Uniregistry, it make one wonder...

I find your comment to be rather insulting and ignorant. This isn't about pimping registrar A vs B, it's about complete lack of service by GoDaddy. And it doesn't matter how long I've been around, GoDaddy's lack of customer satisfaction is the focus here. Makes me wonder what exactly *your* agenda is.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'd consider you more theo's "fluffer" than his whore :p

We all know how GD's auctions work and I get just as impatient and annoyed as anyone, but I can't then pretend I don't know how it works after over 10 years.
Uni may be great as a registrar, but how do their auctions and aftermarket work in comparison to GoDaddy's?

When you bash one registrar over another, shouldn't you also reveal the fact that you have an advertiser-publisher relationship with one of them?

Sorry dude, I don't know WTF is your problem with me personally, but it doesn't matter. Trolls that offer nothing in a thread, other than bash and accuse others are soon exposed. GoDaddy's banner said "BUY THIS DOMAIN NOW" flat on its page. When I pay for a product that I won't have instantly per the note, and which I cannot use 5-10 days later, then I ask for a refund. It got refused, and I decided to move 250 domains out. That's what it is about. In your fantasy, I am Frank's straw man asking everyone to move to Uniregustry. For the record, 50 domains went to Name.com. You may now eat your comments.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get it, you're butt-hurt because they wouldn't just give you your $14 back from an error you made. You think they just should have eaten the loss because of your spend. I don't necessarily disagree. I am a long time reader of your blog(s) and don't have any axe to grind personally. I just think you do your fellow domainers a disservice with your hissy fit over it, but I guess that is your shtick.

I think steering newbies away from GD, who has a robust sales platform and general acceptance by more buyers, in favor of other registrars that don't, is poor advice.

You get money from Uni, so yeah, it looks suspicious. People can judge for themselves, but you posted it, deal with it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
INFORG, I am not butthurt, far from that. In fact, GoDaddy is the one hurting now. It's not the loss, I can burn twenties all day long. It's a matter of principle. Sorry to hear you're a poster boy for GoDaddy, now I get your agenda at last. Well good luck, if they screwed a customer of 14 years, your turn shall come.

This is 100% a GoDaddy issue and I have been very clear about it. You can take your anti-Uniregistry comments and shove them where the sun don't shines.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So just to be clear for INFORG and anyone else: 50 domains were transferred to Name.com - none to Uniregistry. This move is about how GoDaddy "cares" about old customers. I'm fair and square with all of my business relationships; when someone decides to become unprofessional I break ties, plain and simple.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators