Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Legal help needed (dotster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi.

As I am under 18, I don't have my own credit card.
Therefore, I am borrowing my mothers card, with her consent, to pay for my names, and then pay her cash.

Anyways, when I tried to log into my namewinner account yesterday, it said "account error". Strange thought I, and tried to see if I could get into my dotster account.

The dotster account said that my password was invalid.

At this point I was really scared, since I thought that someone has gotten a hold of my account, and could abuse my mother credit card.

I proceeded to email both namewinner and dotster asking them what had happened with my account.

Later I get a reply from dotster's "fraud department" saying they changed my account password since the adress for the credit card doesn't match my whois adress (which was old, I forgot to update it).

Oh well I thought, I will just update it when I get the account back.

The email then said: we have refunded you for all the names you have bought, and taken them back!!!!! (around 7 names I have won in namewinner auctions).

I didn't believe what I was reading. Without asking me, they actually TOOK my names that I legally owned and changed it so that THEY owned them in exchange for refunding my credit card.

The lady says she "sent me a message earlier about it" but I KNOW that I have not received ANYTHING from them.

She said she might be able to return the names for the same cost again, but I said I only wanted one of them for the time being since I have already sold it, but can't transfer it since they have temp. closed my account.

I am now wondering what I can do. Did they brake any law when they took the names that are BY LAW mine just because of old whois info?
As a result of this:

1) I have lost my names I spent ALOT of time to get and win in namewinner

2) My customer who bought the name I have yet to transfer to him is waiting

3) Ruins for my business as a domain seller since he won't probably want to buy a name for me again after this

Please help me.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well "she" did say they might be able to get the names back for you, don't see why they couldn't, seems like a misunderstanding.

Perhaps now that they know you are using your Moms CC all will be ok from now on.

Mike

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe, but I think it is an outrage that someone takes my property wihout even asking first.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alright I have discussed with them, and I am not angry anymore. I understand they had to do it, and it is all fixed.

Thank's dotster!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"it is all fixed. "

I'm surprised. They ought to know that your contract with them is voidable at your discretion, since you are a minor, and that they should not have entered into any contract with you in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom