Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Length of time to access newly won tbr domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One reason I hate using pool unless I really want a domain is the length of time it sometimes takes to get access to it - namely to change the dns. This is especially irksome when you get traffic domains. I got one from pool some months back and after finally getting the no-name registrar to change the dns record (12 days later) I discovered the domain was averaging $8 a day parked!

A hundred dollars isn't a lot of money but still when this happens many times to varying degrees...

Just venting as I have another in the same situation right now(different registrar) and I hate seeing the money go out the window! This one is still indexed in google w/decent pagerank and a load of backlinks - every day sitting there blank reduces the potential find.

Domain Days 2024

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find the issue not to be so much as the lost 100$ more or less, but the focus on maintaining a decent splash page in the event some of the users are regulars. I also find some of the generic splash pages set by the no-name registrars and pool to be a less than desirable experience.

Not to mention some of the domains with great traffic potential can die off after the first month, or could have maintained a steady flow of traffic if a ppc template were built quickly.

Good point Rob. This is one of the reasons I use pool 1% of the time. Only when I truly need a domain will I use their system.

Kevin.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to contact them in the meantime to changes the name servers.
But you can set default name servers in your account preferences.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to contact them in the meantime to changes the name servers.
But you can set default name servers in your account preferences.

I do contac them, but some of their registrars take forever to do anything. I can't set a default as I use four different parking places and some I even develop right away. So I have to play the hurry up and wait game.

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it would take forever to change the nameservers when you contact Pool as it has nothing to do withthe actual registrar. Pool does not send your DNs change to the registrar, they log directly into CIRA and make the change there. I work for Pool and Rebel.com so if you are having issues getting your .CA nameservers changed feel free to PM me and I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom