Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Lesson learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I learned a lesson I thought wouldn't happen to me. I found a great typo last night of a very popular Canadian website and thought I would wait until I was done school today to register it. Well, of course it was gone.

Never will I let that happen again. To the fellow from Belgium who grabbed it - &*#*^%! :smile:

Domain Days 2024

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Life is filled with lessons learned. Its better to learn sooner then later. Now when that better name comes along, you wont make the same mistake.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was the one to register it so &*#*^% you too

LOL - must be a mind reader too because I never said which domain it was! And your profile says Boston - last I looked Boston is in MA not NW Europe!

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I almost registered 'acnefree' .ca last year, but went for 'adultacne' instead. Now I just read on the boards here that it gets a little type in traffic and good ppc. Developped it could probably do even better. The reason I didn't reg it was because I thought there was a trademark on that term, there is a product by that name but checking it out more now it might not be trademarked.

Is regging typos of sites a good idea? Can't they just end you up in a dispute anyway? The typos I like best is when the typo still spells a word, or it's just a matter or adding or taking away an 's' - plural.

What is the popular canadian site in question here?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know Deluxe!

Hugegrowth - it was a canada dot com typo. And where did you read I got acnefree.ca?(edit - doh - I should read more closely to what is written before my beady little eyes!) I thought it was TM'ed too, but I like you don't think it's definitive at this point - rather generic term if you ask me. At three to four type-ins a day now and a great return per click it's not bad parked. It needs to be developed and I've gathered some articles for a simple site but it will have to wait until midterms are over.

I did reg a canada dot ca typo as well but it's not getting much yet.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does your adultacne get any traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom