Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Let's go to the chat room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems like nobody here uses the chatroom! I think we should start using it more, it's a nice tool to communicate nearly instantly. I'm going to go idle there for awhile. Hopefully I'll meet some people in there.

(bah)

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mi in there :D four users.... maybe we could use the live chat more often... hopefully!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's likely because DNF is larger and less buddy buddy vs other forums with active chats, i.e. DS.

At DS (though seemingly much less active and slower overall vs DNF) there is a relatively small group of very active posters (perhaps about a dozen or so) plus the 3 Admins who heavily participate in Chat.

Whereas here (compared to DS) it's a larger and far less personal and closely alligned circle of 'friends' with mutual interests. The Mods also seem to be more active at DS, especially in regards to regular chat participation. It could be becasue the 3 Admins at DS are actually Owners vs Mods.

At DNF the ownership particiaptes little on a regulat basis, relatively speaking. Not to say there is anyting wrong about that, just a different way of owning/running a forum (at DNF it appears the ownership prefers the members do most all the posts). All that makes for inactive chat, with little hope it will become more active, IMO.

Temp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good idea,i'm coming!

maxf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
K well I just stepped in.

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's still 0 people. :(

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Str said:
It's still 0 people. :(

It's will likely be 0 people most all of the time. See my earlier post.

Chats are popular at buddy buddy more personal sites, especially if members are 'friends' and the forum owner(s) participate in it heavily i.e. DS.

P.S. That was not the case circa 1999-2000 when Great Domains chat sometimes had 90 chatting at one time and old Afternic chat sometimes had 60 at a time. I recall some nights when 150 or so were chatting at the 2 boards and I was switching back and forth between the 2 every few minutes. Those days were the hey hey days of domain forum chats but are long gone.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
It's will likely be 0 people most all of the time. See my earlier post.

Chats are popular at buddy buddy more personal sites, especially if members are 'friends' and the forum owner(s) participate in it heavily i.e. DS.

P.S. That was not the case circa 1999-2000 when Great Domains chat sometimes had 90 chatting at one time and old Afternic chat sometimes had 60 at a time. I recall some nights when 150 or so were chatting at the 2 boards and I was switching back and forth between the 2 every few minutes. Those days were the hey hey days of domain forum chats but are long gone.
I remember those days, when Afternic was a hopping and this place was too in the chat area. It was totally different back then. A totally different kind of format. I really miss those days a lot.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oohdale said:
I remember those days, when Afternic was a hopping and this place was too in the chat area. It was totally different back then. A totally different kind of format. I really miss those days a lot.

Me too, why do you think the chats faded out as they did to almost no activity today at most of the boards, even though there are more domainers and more of everything else now?

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Me too, why do you think the chats faded out as they did to almost no activity today at most of the boards, even though there are more domainers and more of everything else now?
It's because of the format. They are all different now. You could see the posts different then and the way Afternic ran the old forum was different then too. It's all about money now and in your face kind of money. Not that it's a bad thing just different. I haven't seen a format like they had since either, have you? They had no chat per se` it was all included into their special format then. Center stage I called it. Immediate posts into the center stage area. Plus they had a lot of free stuff then too.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:-D gettem Tommy, gettem'....................

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think people use fourm's like this instead of chat because

This is chat..................

If you go to a chat forum most of the people are researching there domain name or building website's there in there so you can see there name. In most cases it is a waste of time. in most cases...Just a question what would you say in the chat room that your not saying here?

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What if there was set chat times? eg. everyone meets in chat at 2-3 US Time (7-8 British Time)

(so it is good for UKers as well :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom