Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Let's make Moneybookers account everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok here is the deal. I am one of those users who can't use Paypal since it doesn't work in the country I am in (I am sick and tired of this). Which means 90% of the time I won't be able to sell/purchase domain since most users only use Paypal.
So I am saying to those Paypal users, why don't you also open a Moneybookers account? It's free and works like Paypal plus it is acceptable in 242 countries (including North Korea...yeah!!) instead of just 190 which Paypal supports.
Moneybookers is a leading international online payment system and electronic money issuer authorised under UK and EU law and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK.
So you are not losing anything....use Paypal when the other party has Paypal but please open a Moneybookers account also!!!!!!!

Plus there are no charge backs which means from seller point of view you are safe unlike Paypal where the other party can charge back even after an year of transaction!!

So go ahead and make Moneybookers account and make everyone's life easier

/end of rant

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
getting over there right this minute!! Put the fire out!

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sure MB is good ,but only in few cases . Many people ,however prefer paypal. Also MB is not good for those in US (so i heard) .BTW about the part of chargeback... it is possible in MB contrary to the written fact. safer option is their escrow service. a tip to avoid chargeback is to not accept card option as payment.just MB balance. Just my thoughts.
Overall both paypal and mb are satisfactory.Wish they would improve their customer service.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use MB as well.

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My main point about MB is, use it as an alternative when Paypal is not an option.
So if both buyer and seller have Paypal then go for it BUT if one party doesn't have Paypal they can always use MB. Keep it as second option if Paypal is not available.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My main point about MB is, use it as an alternative when Paypal is not an option.
So if both buyer and seller have Paypal then go for it BUT if one party doesn't have Paypal they can always use MB. Keep it as second option if Paypal is not available.

You live in Pakistan? If yes, are you going to stay or leave? Their is a lot of tension in your country. Hope you and your family are safe from evil souls.

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You live in Pakistan? If yes, are you going to stay or leave? Their is a lot of tension in your country. Hope you and your family are safe from evil souls.

I am going to live here. No plans of going any where. Situation is bad on border areas but in cities it's not. Sometimes news agencies also exaggerate things. The situation on border is very complex and not just black or white.
Thanks for your concern man!

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll check it out. Heard fees were quite high.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll check it out. Heard fees were quite high.

hmm, fees are lower as compared to paypal.

for reciever it's free to recieve money.

for sender it's 1% of the total amount with a max of 0.5 euro :)

Last edited:

netpro801

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FYI, MB is not an option for US residents.

They decline US applications.

Thanks!

Juan
Aka NetPro801

netpro801

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I attempted to signup last year in Dec because it was the preferred payment method for the seller I was working with at that time.

Yeah, I know, I'm a nice guy..

Anyways, after a few unsuccessful attemps trying to get ahold of a company rep for answers, I was finally connected only to be told that she was "pretty sure" that it was do to system limitations and international banking regulations.

Needless to say, I "threw in the towel" at that point and just ended up using trusty old escrow to complete the transaction.

Good luck..!

Thanks!

Juan
Aka NetPro801

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI, MB is not an option for US residents.

They decline US applications.

I am in the U.S. and have been using MB for years. Wonder if they've changed their policy?

In fact, I just logged into MB for the first time in months, and I see my account has been split into two sub-accounts: US and International. A bit confusing ... but I'm still glad to have an alternative to PayPal.

Last edited:

ftaylor

.scot
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be because MB is generally associated with online gambling. The US have banned online poker have they not?

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yup some time back MB was disallowed for US individuals coz of that gambling thing... but recently i heard that it is being offered for ebay too-- so maybe they have reallowed it.someone from us should check it up.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moneybookers is my favorite one , for me it's better then paypal , but the problem is that it is not as popular as paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom