Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Let's remember...not all people from UK think the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for Tony Blair. Just got done watching some C-Span this morning (House of Commons Speech). He made a very compelling argument as to why England should stand shoulder to shoulder with the US.

He listed the alternatives:

1) Withdraw like the French did and have it's nation be seen as weak

2) Allow Saddam Hussein to think that the world community does not have resolve to oust him

3) Inaction would actually hurt the UN instead of the other way around. More resolutions and stonewalling would only further damage it's ability to stand firm against those who are defiant.

Even though support for Tony Blair is razor thin right now I think he will be remembered as one of the great leaders of his time.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
Speech). He made a very compelling argument as to why England ...

what happened to scotland, wales and northern ireland - we've got thousands of troops over there as well:)

so much for united kingdom;)

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

2) Allow Saddam Hussein to think that the world community does not have resolve to oust him

3) Inaction would actually hurt the UN instead of the other way around. More resolutions and stonewalling would only further damage it's ability to stand firm against those who are defiant.

I think those 2 are the biggest reasons why something has to be done.

Tony Blair has my respect. He choose the hard road instead of taking an easy way out. I am thankful that he and the UK an ally of the US.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fonzerelli_79

what happened to scotland, wales and northern ireland - we've got thousands of troops over there as well:)

so much for united kingdom;)

aheey!! Crickey!!

Sorry... they are obviously included. As well as Australia and Spain, Bulgaria, the former Soviet block countries.

I just meant to single out Tony Blair. He's put his country on the map, not from shreaking from a threat. I do see a big influx of investment to that country. BIG investment after this war is over with.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actions and decisions should be reasoned on grounds by the issue itself, not how a country "might look" or anything.
So the reason to make a decision should be if one thinks the war is right or wrong.
Not if a country would look weak or even if it would hurt the UN.
To go to war because otherwise your country might "look weak" is just nuts.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz

Beatz---

You just understand. It's obvious. This statement makes no sense. Enemies strike because they think your weak, not because they think your strong--- Not doing something about Saddam Hussein would make England look weak.

Our enemies include: France, Saddam, Al-Queda, North Korea..etc.

One caveat: We're not too worried about France tho

btw: You just keep post because your wasting your time. I don't think you have a future here. I really don't.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actions and decisions should be reasoned on grounds by the issue itself, not how a country "might look" or anything.
So the reason to make a decision should be if one thinks the war is right or wrong.
Not if a country would look weak or even if it would hurt the UN.

No it's not...it the UN is viewed as having no backbone, what is to stop other countries from attacking the weak and innocent?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
izopod:

So you already count France to the US enemies?

WOW.

Tells a lot.

And don't try to keep me from posting my opinions.
Again, i don't attack anybody personally, i'm just against war.
Despite other people here.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would not consider France a close ally myself.

During conflicts with Libya, France would not allow the US to fly over their country.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
izopod:

And don't try to keep me from posting my opinions.

I won't. However I think unless you upgrade soon to Gold or Platinum, your days are numbered.

You are someone who I would categorize as "uniformed" so don't worry. I don't put much stock in your comments. I just think you are becoming annoying because you are filling up "well-intented" threads with your garbage.

Don't forget you said that "Anthrax" was invented. :laugh:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez.

The term "Anthrax" itself even describes a disease, not the biologocal element itself.
When talking about Anthrax being invented, i explained that the invention part lies in the manipulating and mixing the substance to turn into a weapon.
Geez.
And if you call different opinions other than yourself garbage, you better should refrain from starting political threads in an open forum.

So my days are numbered cuz i'm not a platinum or gold member?
So much for your apparent view on freedom of speech.

I'd suggest let Gregr decide.:rolleyes:

ThinLizzy

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Any one who is against the war, should not be angry with dubaya. He has little to do with it. The 41st President and his cronies, aka:hawks, are the ones calling the shots. Dubaya's vice-president was 41's secretary of defense for god's sake. They are just executing a plan that has been in the works since 42 beat 41 in '92. They're just looking after unfinished buisiness. Dubaya is no more than a talking head. He tries but he's really not that bright.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez.

The term "Anthrax" itself even describes a disease, not the biologocal element itself.
When talking about Anthrax being invented, i explained that the invention part lies in the manipulating and mixing the substance to turn into a weapon.
Geez.
And if you call different opinions other than yourself garbage, you better should refrain from starting political threads in an open forum.

So my days are numbered cuz i'm not a platinum or gold member?
So much for your apparent view on freedom of speech.

I'd suggest let Gregr decide.:rolleyes:

No Beatz,

You said Anthraz didn't "grow on trees"...I explained what Weapons Grade Anthrax was to you...

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyway.Whatever.

I know it was wrong to take part in a discussion on politics here because most times it turns into a bashing each other and at the end of the day it hasn't helped anybody.

I was just stating my opinions, nothing more.

I did not get carried away and start to insult people.

Neither did i question another member's right to post their opinions.

But other pople did.

I'll leave it like this:

To me everybody has a right to their opinion.

If anyone thinks my days here are over just because i stated my opinion ( without ever attacking anybody personally ) - hey that must be your idea of free speech, right?

Nuff said.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't mind an opinion and I do not expect everyone to agree with me...like I said earlier Beatz, I even wished you "the best" during our debate.

But don't play the victim when you make up facts against the US and expect us not to get mad. I consider that offensive and anti-american. There is a difference from not have the same opinions as Amercians and being anti-american.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure.Whatever you say.I didn't make anything up.

But as said, i'm tired of that crap.

Especially when it suddenly turns into a question of if I'm a platinum member or not.

Well TopNames - i wish you "the best" as well.

And i don't even mean it ironically. :)

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well some people here think that the quality of your opinion is based on how many posts you have(more posts=higher IQ), so why shouldn't platinum status add to your intelegence as well?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won't comment on this thread anymore.
Good luck to everyone.
And no, stating my opinion has nothing to do with number of posts - as you can see i have quite a number of $DNF and haven't found a use for it so far. :D

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won't comment on this thread anymore.

I've heard that one before... :laugh:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Tony Blair's 911 speech was the best speech anyone gave concerning 911. It's a pity he's being bashed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom