Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Let's See the French Explain This One...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is from a story on the alleged discovery of evidence tying Baghdad to Bin Laden. It ends very interestingly though... I'd love to see where this little tidbit goes.

"Separately, The Sunday Times reported that its own journalists had found documents in the Iraqi foreign ministry that indicate that France gave Saddam Hussein's regime regular reports on its dealings with American officials.

The newspaper said the documents reveal that Paris shared with Baghdad the contents of private transatlantic meetings and diplomatic traffic from Washington.

One document, dated Sept. 25, 2001, from Iraqi foreign minister Naji Sabri to Saddam's palace, was based on a briefing from the French ambassador in Baghdad and covered talks between presidents Jacques Chirac and George W. Bush. "

The full story is here: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...20030426/ap_on_re_mi_ea/britain_iraq_al_qaida

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The French are a bunch of cowards. We should have left them to the Germans in WWII.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL "we"? Were you even alive?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LoL, I dont think thats an acurate source of news.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
roflmao! It's the most accurate, indeed

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Clearly, America needs to reassess its relationship with the French government. To have someone who claims to be a friend working so hard to undermine us is a situation that is bound to do serious damage.

They have every right to disagree with the things we do (hell, I disagree with most of what Bush does) but the French have proven to be untrustworthy and unworthy in general of the position they have attained as our so-called ally.

If the world was to be re-ordered today, I think the French just might find their position to be among our other "friends" Libya, Iran, Saudi Arabia and North Korea.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
Clearly, America needs to reassess its relationship with the French government. To have someone who claims to be a friend working so hard to undermine us is a situation that is bound to do serious damage.

They have every right to disagree with the things we do (hell, I disagree with most of what Bush does) but the French have proven to be untrustworthy and unworthy in general of the position they have attained as our so-called ally.

If the world was to be re-ordered today, I think the French just might find their position to be among our other "friends" Libya, Iran, Saudi Arabia and North Korea.

Oh stop it FR..

Whats REALLY disgusting is that G Bush is going to announce his re-election campaign on SEpt 11th !

He is going to USE the deaths of those 3,500 people for Political gain !

That is what is disgusting, France has a relationship with Iraq so freaking what ..WE DEFENDED Iraq in wars before , we supplied Saddam with missiles anfd intelligence.

AND we HAVE Al Quida in the United States, we allow Hamas organization to have fund raisers etc..

So until you guy's start telling the WHOLE story..shut the F up.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, had to get your last word in before requesting this thread to be shutdown?

I happen to agree that Bush is disgusting. I also think with friends like the French, we don't need any more enemies.

Bush leaves a lot to be desired. But in this case, he did the right thing. Too bad some of our so-called friends have so much trouble with that. Nobody will ever convince me that the people and the region would have been better off if we'd have stayed out of it.

Ninurta

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I fully agree with bidawinner...

Just a question of business (for both Us and France) here...

Plz make your own opinion on real and proven facts, forget stereotypes and media propaganda...

Us and French governments are the same kinda people, focused on their own political/ cynical priorities.
That's all.

We are all world citizens, arent'we...

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
May. 6, 2003
Report: France helped Iraqi officials escape
By THE JERUSALEM POST INTERNET STAFF

The French government secretly supplied fleeing Iraqi officials with passports in Syria that allowed them to escape to Europe, The Washington Times reports.

The newspaper quotes a Bush administration official as saying, "It's like Raoul Wallenberg in reverse," in reference to the Swedish diplomat who supplied travel documents to help Jews escape Nazi Germany in World War II. "Now you have the French helping the bad guys escape from us."

Nathalie Loiseau, a spokeswoman for the French Embassy, said French authorities have not issued any visas to officials of the former Iraqi regime since the beginning of the war in Iraq, either in Syria or elsewhere. "France formally denies this type of allegation, which is not only contrary to reality but is intended to discredit our nation."

French passports would allow wanted Iraqis to move freely among 12 EU countries that are part of the Schengen agreement on unrestricted travel.

Ninurta

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
May. 6, 2003
Report: France helped Iraqi officials escape
By THE JERUSALEM POST INTERNET STAFF

LOL

I know u worked hard to find this one, very trusty source of information there...

If u want, I can add many links to US Press (Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times...), providing some interesting stuff about Bin Laden-Bush family connections, Halliburton, Carlyle Group, and so on...

Just an friendly advice Frontrow : don't let media brainwashing attempts get u, otherwise u'll miss so many things in life ( I don't talk about cheese and wine:D )

THINK by yourself man
Check this out, this is the same kind of propaganda there made by US citizens. Some true facts, and some bullshit as well in my opinion :
http://hereinreality.com/news/halliburton.html

So keep in mind it's only a question of high-level BUSINESS.
The French government is stupid as well, and shouldn't be allowed to represent me....I should be the next French President, I'd make a special tax system for domain owners...;-)

I m sure U'll be able to find an accurate article about Chirac the Vampire sucking blood of poor American boys or even the secret leader of pedophiles...

To be honest, it's difficult to imagine you as a good businessman after reading your posts...
Anyway good luck.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ninurta

LOL

I know u worked hard to find this one, very trusty source of information there...

As a matter of fact, it is. You must be confusing the free press in Israel with one of, well any of, her neighbors.

If u want, I can add many links to US Press (Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times...), providing some interesting stuff about Bin Laden-Bush family connections, Halliburton, Carlyle Group, and so on...

I bet you can, and I would believe those too - I don't trust Bush one ounce

To be honest, it's difficult to imagine you as a good businessman after reading your posts...

Ouch! Hey, I just do this for fun! All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy.

I happen to be a highly skeptical and objective person. At this point my skepticism is trained on the French government, but believe me - it was not easy pulling it away from Bush and his cronies and it will be back there soon (we have a campaign starting soon after all!)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well ... living in a diverse and multicultural city like Toronto (where 44% of the population was born outside Canada and 37% is visible minorities) teaches me something about tolerance AND SENSITIVITY.

I don't think it's appropriate to use the term "French" to describe the French GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY; and calling a certain people grossly as cowards is non-sensitive to say the least.

Please remember that we are living in a global village and that the Internet is a WORLD WIDE thingy. I'm not sure how many French members are there, but please be reminded that there are people living in different parts of our world (mandatory listening: Depeche Mode's People Are People). So as part of this community, we have to be sensitive enough not to upset other cultures and ethnicities which are different to ours.

[/Thread closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom