Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Let's talk about traffic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you consider to be good monthly traffic?

I've been researching potential domains I would like to buy but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what is considered good traffic.

I like to use google keyword search. Some keywords have 100,000 monthly hits, others have 1,000.

Obviously the more type in traffic it has the better but what's the magic number?

If I am looking to make money what number should I be looking at as far as the monthly view?

And what is the general formula of daily visits vs money made?

For example: 1,000 daily visits = $5 made?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you consider to be good monthly traffic?

I've been researching potential domains I would like to buy but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what is considered good traffic.

I like to use google keyword search. Some keywords have 100,000 monthly hits, others have 1,000.

Obviously the more type in traffic it has the better but what's the magic number?

If I am looking to make money what number should I be looking at as far as the monthly view?

And what is the general formula of daily visits vs money made?

For example: 1,000 daily visits = $5 made?

hi

your first mistake is misreading google

whatever results you get for a keyword, DO NOT equal actual visitors!!

and there is NO forumula of daily visits vs money made

each and every domains potential to make money is based on the EPC (earnings per click) and the CTR ( click thru rate) for every visitor to your page.

the higher the EPC and the higher your CTR, is what determines how much you make per day.

you could get 5000 visitors to your page and only have a 10% CTR and have an average EPC of $0.05, which equals $25

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Good: traffic depends on what you're also doing. I have a domain that I am happy with only 50-75 hits a week (single word .net) . It's a very small, but extremely loyal niche. If I were to check back links and IP addresses, I'm willing to bet it is routine visitors.

Another one, a wiki, is getting 100-200 hits a day now and I'm hoping the traffic will climb up in time (it's only been live a week). With this level, I'm not happy with the traffic but I am happy to know that it is targeted traffic and people are browsing the site.

As for revenue, these sites I do for fun so I'm happy if they make their reg fees in revenue.

Two other sites that I'm more serious about get about 15-30 hits a day (sometimes more) and are making a few bucks a month in AdSense - these I wish was higher, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom