Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Liberal election hopeful snaps up rivals' domain names (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

**Note: not my site...just news.

Liberal election hopeful snaps up rivals' domain names (UK)

A General Election candidate has caused controversy by registering the web domain names of his three main rivals.

Liberal Democrat hopeful Mark Wilkes purchased the rights to helengoodman .org.uk – a site the current Bishop Auckland MP may have looked to establish to promote her own cause, reports the Northern Echo.

Labour's Ms Goodman, who currently uses helengoodman .co.uk as her parliamentary website, is required to find a new domain if she wishes to campaign online.

Under election rules, current members of the house may not make use of publicly-funded websites to campaign for re-election.

Mr Wilkes also snapped up addresses based on independent liberal Sam Zair and Conservative Party nominee Barbara Harrison from a domain name consultancy.

Councillor Zair, who left the Liberal Democrat Party last year, commented: "I do not know what he is going to use this for, but I see this as meaning that I am a real threat in the election and take it as a compliment.

"I was thinking about having a website and there are other domain names I can still use, so it will not stop me."

Prime Minister Gordon Brown must call for an election to be staged on or before Thursday June 3rd 2010.

Written by Debra Hastings-HenryADNFCR-2050-ID-19551712-ADNFCR ~~~~~ SOURCE & LINKS

___
Peace!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom