Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Lina.com -- One of my Gems

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelg314

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was not sure in which forum to make this post, so moderators please feel free to recategorize accordingly.

I have been missing in action for some time on the forum. Haven't been very active lately... Just a lot going on lately in my personal life.

In fact, I haven't been doing much domaining lately, but buyers seem to keep finding me. I have had several strong sales of my CVCV.coms in the last several months... Most recently I sold Maro.com for $20,000. I am starting to see the CVCV.com market really heat up, and it looks like serious money is starting to pour into domains again.

Anyhow, I was thinking of putting up Lina.com for sale in an auction, but not sure if this is the right time. Part of me tells me that it is, while another part says don't sell this name until a mega end-user comes knocking of my door. I have owned the name for years, and it's one of those names I am attached to. It is obviously as good of a CVCV.com as they come, and I receive several inquiries about this name on a weekly basis.

I was hoping to get your thoughts... Should I place it in an auction? Is now the right time? If so, do I go with a sedo/snapnames type of auction or do I wait for a live auction? I really wonder how much money this domain would go for in an auction.

Thanks!
Michael

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you should list it on Sedo/Snapnames. You can also advertise through the feature listing. This will enable you to gauge interest in the name based on traffic and offers you get. It is actually a cool domain.

Auctions are always unpredictable. If you decide to put it up for sale in an auction, set a reserve price you are comfortable with. It wouldn't hurt since you aren't in a rush to sell anyway. So far the domain sales aftermarket has been performing fairly well. A lot better than other markets. In an auction you might get top dollar. But then again it comes down to how badly the domain is wanted.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quality CVCV is undervalued at the moment, even to end users.
If you don't need quick $, hold and let end users reach you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
These are not plain vanilla CVCV's - they are female names. Therefore, the selling potential is higher. Ideally, find a woman executive by that name and sell it to her :D

ab80

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice domain. The best part is that it is written exactly as it's pronounced. I believe you could get at least low xxxx for it if not more. I'd recommend not rush selling it though given the current market for llll.coms..

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quality CVCV is undervalued at the moment, even to end users.
If you don't need quick $, hold and let end users reach you.

cvcv domains are not undervalued at the moment. They are selling at market prices. And for you to attribute LINA.com as a cvcv.com alone says a lot. It's a generic domain that so happens to be a cvcv. Premium domains will command premium prices. I personally would not parade it in the open domain market.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You cannot just sell it at sedo you need a bid first.the other option is snapnames,as boston said cvcv are commanding some very respectable figures at the moment.

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally couldn't pay you what it is worth but I like it. I think the 4 letters are played out but as has been stated this is an exception. This is a really nice domain name. Good luck.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you decide to hold then list the name at Catchy.com

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use to like a girl named Lina. Gorgeous. Maybe one day she'll be rich. Then, I'm sure she'll offer you a high price.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of the world, but here are the stats for the name "Lina" in the US.

LINA is the #841 most common female first name
Around 13,475 US females are named LINA

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom