Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Link traffic...hurting or helping PPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsmith21

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a diverse portfolio with several different styles of domains. For my typos I rely soley on the natural traffic for PPC. But for my keyword type domains that I see benefit from search engines I have been using a linking script. Explanation as follows:

I basically have one site that has a really busy forum and gets crawled regularly by the search engines. I have a script that adds a small inconspicous link at the bottom of the page and alters the URL every time the page loads rotating it between the urls I put in a database. I did this to get the engines to crawl my new keyword domains faster....so far it works great, as most of my new domains get listed and get traffic within a week or so.

I noticed in a post I read today that Ed said Google will penalize you if some of the traffic comes from inbound links. Since my traffic is coming from Search engines and not from inbound links (only crawlers see them) can I assume I won't get lower PPC for this??

Should I remove the url from my rotating link once I see it gets search engine traffic?

Thanks,
~JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom