Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Links to parked domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

aclass

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I allowed to point some links to a parked domain name?
I want to maintain the PR of some of my parked domains and this looks like the only way

Thanks

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google will not give PR to parked domain anyway.

aclass

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No that would never be allowed - all the links already would have to existed before the name is parked.

This is a little bit tricky isn't it?
No one can tell when the links were added

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a little bit tricky isn't it?
No one can tell when the links were added

Correct, except if the parking company sees lots of traffic coming from a certain link they may ban you.

As was already mentioned...parked domains lose PR, nothing you can do about it (except develop names instead of parking them)

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google will not give PR to parked domain anyway.
This is not correct, the domain lose the PR when lose the traffic, that usually occurs when you park it, but if the traffic is natural the PR stay.
I had domains parked for more than a year and the PR stay or even increase, just because the domain name has type-in traffic.
Also, about linking a parked domain, you can do it with no problem, if the traffic derived is not high.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PR on parked domains is somewhat of a lottery. Parked Domains are in fact against the Google Webmaster Guidelines on quality and they do tend to get dumped into the Google SandBox.

I have a domain name with over 3000 backlinks to it from all over the world, it was a PR6. It is now a PR 0 and has been removed from the google index regardless of the backlinks or its DMOZ listing.

The traffic is as consistant as it was when I first purchased it.

It is naive to assume that your domain will not lose its PR.

Park it and you will loose is. (eventually) and if it doesnt then be happy that you are a minority.

S

SedoCoUk

Am I allowed to point some links to a parked domain name?
I want to maintain the PR of some of my parked domains and this looks like the only way

Thanks

Hi aclass.

As outlined in our parking terms and conditions, our parking program can only accept natural traffic. Redirected traffic or traffic from any paid sources such as link exchanges or promotional services and software is not accepted.

For further reference please see:

http://www.sedo.com/about/policy.ph...s&tracked=&partnerid=25717&language=us#link53

Monica

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is somewhat ambiguous, and you have not answered the question.

Can you elaborate or perhaps confirm that intentional links to a parked domain are not allowed. Absolute.

Redirection is defined as "Diverting data from their normal destination to another" and therefore a link on a page is not infact redirecting as the intended destination is the page displaying the link.

I do appreciate that SEDO have mentioned in the past that intentional links from other websites are prohibited, however absolute clarification of this will stop the question being asked.

roseau

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can completely understand about not redirecting traffic to a parked domain. And I agree.

But every time this question gets asked I start wondering again:

1. if you have a domain that you developped over the years and it has hundreds or thousands of links, then you decide to park it, what is the difference btw the links that continue to keep your site linked on their site and "new sites" that you may now link to it.

2. and what about this - again I understand and agree with issues surrounding false traffic or rather traffic that is not qualified and therefore relevant to the advertisers - it is only fair they get good traffic BUT what about this:

Scenario - you have a dog training site. You write articles, you sell some dog related products and you have a domain that has to do with dog leashes. What would be inherently wrong within the body of an article that mentions dog leashes to link to the parked domain.

I would think that the traffic would be targeted better than other traffic and would be legit traffic?

like I said, these are things I just ponder from time to time - since the discussion came up , thought I would say the thoughts outloud.........lol

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would you call a link from another website - Redirection?

Personally my grasp of the English Language would call that direction and not redirection.

As I said, its somewhat ambiguous and truly does need absolute clarification.

roseau

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally would NOT call a link from another website - Redirection?.

To me redirection is when you have one domain that immediately goes to another domain.

Linking to a domain is a whole other thing and in my mind, if the website offering the link is relevant, what is wrong with that?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agreed, and I am sure most would. I know for sure that SEDO turn a blind eye to large portfolio owners linking to parked pages on their websites and forums.

No doubt sedo only flex this muscle when it suits them. Looking over the T&Cs it does not expressly forbid linking to parked domains from your own websites.

Therefore without absolute confirmation I would have to say from a legal point of view a simple link that does not mislead would not in fact be against the Terms and Conditions.

However I would be more than happy for SEDO to clarify and request that they amend the T&Cs to expressly forbid simple linking if that is their intention.

S

SedoCoUk

That is somewhat ambiguous, and you have not answered the question.

Can you elaborate or perhaps confirm that intentional links to a parked domain are not allowed. Absolute.

To provide clarification, the primary purpose of Sedo's parking program is to provide accurate traffic data for use in conjunction with Sedo's marketplace.
This way, potential buyers of domains will have accurate traffic records of domains when making an offer and can subsequently make their offers.
Of course, accruing revenue off of a parked domain is an added incentive to our parking program and one of the main reasons that so many people choose to park their domains.

Redirecting traffic from a website or domain to a parked page is against our policies as not only is this skewing the traffic stats for potential buyers, but it's also increasing the potential of a user monetizing on unnatural traffic. Hyperlinking to a parked page on myspace, a blog, personal site or any other developed site is not allowed. We also don't support paid traffic, including sponsored search results, email programs, pay per click (PPC) programs, paid to read programs, or any other sort of solicitous emails or features that draw traffic to domains.

We really only encourage type-in traffic to a parked page, as this will ideally lead to the highest click-through-rates. We also can accept traffic from organic search engines. This excludes paid promotion for a sponsored search result. Although we understand that some domains are subject to expiring traffic from a once developed website, we have ways of detecting this, and users will often not be penalized if we track that this is where the traffic has derived from.

Monica

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PARKED.com will allow it send Donny a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom