Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Live auction for dot ca domains. Possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible see topic, wearing fur, drive nice car for live auction for dot ca domain names, other than sit at home, watch tv, taking care kids, wearing pajama and place bid on no reserve auction at the very last minute/second at their very own home on their laptop/lcd monitors.......

That way dot ca domains can definitly capture higher value......

But how if it possible to capture those "big" guys to come over and place bid....

just wondering

Last edited:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I put a bit of effort in this last year: most of the buyers to date are either bit players or are strategic ones looking to support a brand, so auctions are hard to pull off unless you have a really good asset base - great domains to auction - and an excellent pool of bidders who are interested in acting within the time frame of an auction. You will see an online live auction in the next couple of months, if this helps you a bit.

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How is it possible to get enduser traffic for .ca domain, I got some great .ca domain but offer always a bit too low. I've been in food distribution industry for 8 years now and capture some enduser network, possible to knock door and sell domains to them. Seems pointless and silly cause they already had their company logo and domain names.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the domain beholder.

How good are your domains?

Let us say we have a bakery, and in this bakery we make great chocolate chip cookies. If the bakery were called Zelcovia Cookies Inc., not many folks would punch in 'zelcovia cookies' and take a look now, would they?

But if I were smart, I would register, rent, borrow or buy 'chocolatechipcookies.ca' as quick as I could to start building up that chocolate chip cookie business.

Not that I own a bakery, but Alan Zelcovitch does, and he also owns chocolatechipcookies.ca - and www.cookiedelivery.ca and so on.

I have not tasted the cookies myself, but I do understand they are indeed quite good. Perhaps we can send a basket to QueenMother for Valentines! ;)

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dot ca should have much more potential to growth since .ca is a perfect "hack" of California

some us city/place address
Hollywood, ca Hollywood .ca
Anaheim, ca Anaheim .ca
Florida, ca Florida .ca

they sounds much better than HollywoodCalifornia dot com AnaheimCalifornia dot com or ForidaCalifornia dot com and they are much shorten, meaningful and pronounceable.

but .ca for canada only.....

Last edited:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dot ca should have much more potential to growth since .ca is a perfect "hack" of California

some us city/place address
Hollywood, ca Hollywood .ca
Anaheim, ca Anaheim .ca
Forida, ca Forida .ca

they sounds much better than HollywoodCalifornia dot com AnaheimCalifornia dot com or ForidaCalifornia dot com and they are much shorten, meaningful and pronounceable.

but .ca for canada only.....

Hey you keep your hands off my anaheim.ca :)

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do California cities in .CA get decent traffic? I always wondered how much traffic we get from that state.

I've always felt that a excellent strategy would be to:
1. optimize a .ca for the California market
2. trademark the domain ($250 + $200, self-serve), good for 15 years before renewal
3. sell the domain, website, and trademark to a US interest. With the trademark, they do not need to fret about Cdn corp annual fees, etc., and meet the presence requirements.

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Friends, I really wish .ca domains can generate enduser but not reseller traffic and that's how live auction can make it happen, because people want faces, for online auction, no body know who is bidding. And when live auction start a bidding war, the closing sale would be at least 10 to 20 times higher than online auction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom