Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Live Auction "registered name" checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was running a status check on all the names in this Sunday's Live Auction, and apparently at least two of the names in this week's auction do not appear to be registered as of today (6:20 PM EST).

I'm not sure if this was an accident, but to prevent any misunderstandings, I think the auction software should be modified to perform a registry check before allowing any name to be entered into the system. This would require that a name be registered at least 24 hours in advance of the Friday evening shut-off point, but I think it could be an important and useful addition.

~ Nexus

Upvote 0

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus
I was running a status check on all the names in this Sunday's Live Auction, and apparently at least two of the names in this week's auction do not appear to be registered as of today (6:20 PM EST).

I'm not sure if this was an accident, but to prevent any misunderstandings, I think the auction software should be modified to perform a registry check before allowing any name to be entered into the system. This would require that a name be registered at least 24 hours in advance of the Friday evening shut-off point, but I think it could be an important and useful addition.

~ Nexus

:eek:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which names? Let's see who's pulling the ole' ebay trick :eek: ... or if it was a mistake :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One was a typo, Name-Maker made a note in the auctions thread after I contacted him ("Beauteous.org" vs "Beautious.org"). The other had accidentally dropped somehow I guess, and I've been told it is now registered.

~ Nexus

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Everything is good, then! :D
Good to hear.
Apparently not.

There's a new one in there now.

I double-checked through eNom, and it still says I can register it,
so I don't even think it was regged today...

12. USZD.COM - Starting Price: $45.00

Again, I'd like to call for a simply check to be done automatically.
Code:
Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net 
domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. 
Go to [url]http://www.internic.net[/url]
for detailed information.

No match for domain "USZD.COM".

>>> Last update of whois database: 
Wed, 7 May 2003 06:00:27 EDT <<<
~ Nexus

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
UH OH ... Nexus, you are correct! :eek:

Seems it was listed in the Live auction by new member, "hartinc".
Apparently, everything is NOT good.
I can confirm that it is, in fact, still available for open registration ... much less than $45, I'd say. Hoping this is an error or oversight ... though I'd now like to second your motion for an auction "pre-screening" or automatic check!
Good eye, Nexus. :D
Thanks.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Good eye, Nexus. :D
Thanks. [/B]
Welcome. I just copy and paste these things while testing scripts. These unexpected things just pop in there for the ride...

~ Nexus

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, we appreciate it Nexus! Imagine bidding on this one in the Live auction, winning, and then finding out it's still "available"? :eek:
I think you bring up an excellent suggestion of checking these domains prior to the event ... lends itself to hightened credibility and integrity of the auctions.
Nice thread ... you should make your services available to the "Live auction committee". :D
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom