Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

LLL.com domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam5605

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im considering buying a few LLL.com names as an investment to hold onto for a year or 2 or 3.

My question is: do most LLL.com's generate a decent ppc income?

Are there LLL.com's that generate 0 ppc income.

If you had $45,000 to spend on traffic names, would you buy typos with all that money for 12 - 18 revenue or LLL.com im more inclined towards the LLL.com but not sure how much ppc they generally make. i know it depends on the LLL.com but generally speaking??

Thanks in advance appreciate your help

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No offense, but if you are asking questions like this I fear for your $45k.

BTW, how long is a piece of string?

adam5605

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No offense, but if you are asking questions like this I fear for your $45k.

BTW, how long is a piece of string?

Well thats the whole point in starting a thread.

Ive never bought traffic names before and if you dont have anything constructive to say dont bother replying.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im considering buying a few LLL.com names as an investment to hold onto for a year or 2 or 3.

My question is: do most LLL.com's generate a decent ppc income?

Are there LLL.com's that generate 0 ppc income.

If you had $45,000 to spend on traffic names, would you buy typos with all that money for 12 - 18 revenue or LLL.com im more inclined towards the LLL.com but not sure how much ppc they generally make. i know it depends on the LLL.com but generally speaking??

Thanks in advance appreciate your help

Hi

your previous thread you didn't want to hold names long and were looking to quick flip your way to prosperity with $15K

now you got $45k to hypothesize with?

why not say if you had a million dollars to spend?

seems to me, that you keep inviting others to send you spam or get set-up to be defrauded out some cash.

first, no experienced domainer will sell you a LLL.com based on the revenue it produces.

and yes there probably are some LLL.com that don't produce much revenue if parked, but i think all LLL.com's that are parked would get some clicks and produce some $.

however, LLL names are not bought and sold based on rev, their value is mainly in the rarity, amount of the letters and acronym possibilities.

those acronym possibilities can add more value to the domain, along with any revenue it produces.

i would not advise putting all your eggs in one basket, no matter what the investment vehicle you are putting your money in.

it's best to buy some revenue producers to sustain your "re-investing" power for future acquisitions, and invest in a few LLL.com's to hold for incoming offers and solicitations to end-users.

this way you'll have an income and some LLL's that will grow in value overtime.

imo...

adam5605

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

your previous thread you didn't want to hold names long and were looking to quick flip your way to prosperity with $15K

now you got $45k to hypothesize with?

why not say if you had a million dollars to spend?

seems to me, that you keep inviting others to send you spam or get set-up to be defrauded out some cash.

first, no experienced domainer will sell you a LLL.com based on the revenue it produces.

and yes there probably are some LLL.com that don't produce much revenue if parked, but i think all LLL.com's that are parked would get some clicks and produce some $.

however, LLL names are not bought and sold based on rev, their value is mainly in the rarity, amount of the letters and acronym possibilities.

those acronym possibilities can add more value to the domain, along with any revenue it produces.

i would not advise putting all your eggs in one basket, no matter what the investment vehicle you are putting your money in.

it's best to buy some revenue producers to sustain your "re-investing" power for future acquisitions, and invest in a few LLL.com's to hold for incoming offers and solicitations to end-users.

this way you'll have an income and some LLL's that will grow in value overtime.

imo...

Firslty believe me, i will not be defrauded out of cash as i do not do my transactions via this pc and have security precautions in place.

Secondly i have a right to change my mind, initially i wasnt considering traffic names but ive changed my mind is that a crime? i can change my mind as many times as i so wish.

thirdly i did not state i had 45k, i said "if you had $45k", who says its my own personal income? it could be on behalf of someone else.

I appreciate your points but i dont like sarcasm.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firslty believe me, i will not be defrauded out of cash as i do not do my transactions via this pc and have security precautions in place.

Secondly i have a right to change my mind, initially i wasnt considering traffic names but ive changed my mind is that a crime? i can change my mind as many times as i so wish.

thirdly i did not state i had 45k, i said "if you had $45k", who says its my own personal income? it could be on behalf of someone else.

I appreciate your points but i dont like sarcasm.

it's not sarcasim

it's telling you like it is.

if you want to close your eyes and ears and only see and hear what you want then you'll be the one who looses out....not me

those who respond to your posts do so in an effort to give advice and assistance.

if you can't take what's being said, then perhaps you shouldn't pose your questions in such a manner.

you leave too much to assumption, then take offense after the fact.

accent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adam - what people here are trying to say is that domaining is a different type of investment - one where knowledge is far more important than cash. This is great for those with lots of time and limited funds, but a real barrier for those in the reverse position. It takes a great amount of study before you can tell a good deal on a domain when you see one - and 99.99% of the deals out there are most certainly NOT good deals. You mention two types of domains, traffic and LLL.com. Personally, I will not touch domains where the value is based on traffic - and I have been domaining for four years. The reason is three-fold: There are a lot of exaggerated (and fraudulent) claims in the traffic sector and I do not have the experience to know what is reasonable, second, I want domains that can appreciate in value greatly - the traffic sector is pretty much fully valued, and thirdly, PPC revenue is declining as the internet audience matures (typing RandomKeyword.com is not an efficient way to find what you want). As for LLL.com, you are speaking about one of the easiest sectors to invest in, probably the exact opposite of traffic names. But here too, the more that you know the wiser your moves will be. The most valuable LLLs are dictionary words and well known acronyms. Really good pronouncables are next. Evaluating prices in both those categories should be left to experts. The beauty of LLL.com investing is that you can focus on the low end and be assured that you won't overpay by too large a margin. Right now (according to Reece) the low end for LLL.com is around $3500. That means that you can look for the best domains around that price. What to look for? Letter quality - the frequency that each letter is used in acronyms of business names. The best letters are SACT. The worst letters are QXZ. In between there is a lot of difference of opinion, but there is a generally used dividing line considering all letters except JKQUVWXYZ to be premium letters. LLL (and LLLL) domains containing only premium letters are worth more. But do not forget that the whole purpose of letter quality is to rate the chances of an end-user wanting the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom