Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

LLLL.com push up 3char value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric-Shadow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been watching the LLLL.com situation for a few weeks now and have allready noticed a minimum wholesale price start to emerge, which seems to be hovering around mid $xx

However what i'm wandering is if this demand for LLLL.coms will it also push up the value of 3char .coms

filter

Domain Wanker
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ummmm ... I llllove me my llll.com but I don't see anywhere near "mid $xx wholesale minimum" quite yet - hey I'll be happy to sell a few of my extras at say $25 each though. (Offer good for the next few days only - that mid $xx minimum does seem to be coming around pretty fast!)

anyway with regard to LLL - haven't really thought much about possible effect but seems likely to be at best a very loose connection right now - LLL is in a different league really, influence may well have been the other way around up to this point. I don't know ... say little league baseball became a pop culture phenomenon again (Google "bad news bears" for a laugh) - would major league baseball ticket prices automatically go up any more than they usually would ? maybe a little, maybe not if people decide to just go to junior's game instead though.

if toy car prices went up from $10 to $100+ would the average price of a Toyota even double ?

just thinking out loud a bit here ... it's an interesting question.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He is talking about ccc.coms ... not lll.coms..

The price of the ccc.coms have been rising quite steady atleast during the last two years.. its gone from minimum 60-80 in early 2005 to minimum 150-180 today..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's all a matter of letter quality.

filter

Domain Wanker
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He is talking about ccc.coms ... not lll.coms..

The price of the ccc.coms have been rising quite steady atleast during the last two years.. its gone from minimum 60-80 in early 2005 to minimum 150-180 today..

Right! Thanks for pointing that "little detail" out - definitely a huge difference between LLL and CCC, and the idea of a linkage with low-quality LLLL is a lot more plausible in that light! I guess in a month or 2 there should be more than enough sales data to track the potential correlation since the LLLL buyout.

Acroplex said:
It's all a matter of letter quality

and quantity ...!

for CCC seems primarily a matter of limited quantity for the vast majority of "low-quality" combinations - certainly true that something like 7n7 would operate on a much different level than 4zj etc. though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In the years of my trading 3-char .com's I always stuck to registering two combinations:

LLN.com
LNN.com

The rest of the permutations have always been of lesser value.

filter

Domain Wanker
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the years of my trading 3-char .com's I always stuck to registering two combinations:

LLN.com
LNN.com

The rest of the permutations have always been of lesser value.

I wonder if comparing LLN vs LNN shines any light onto the "letter quality" vs. quantity hypothesis ...

Given that there are 26 x 26 x 10 = 6760 possible LLN
compared to 26 * 10 * 10 = 2600 possible LNN ...

How do prices for LLN compare to LNN ? (For comparable letter/number "quality", would expect LNN to be more valuable since there are almost 3 times as many LLN ... Or do "quality" apects of letters vs. numbers trump the quantity factor?)

Electric-Shadow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

completely forgot about this thread, couldnt find it after i posted it and forgot about it lol.

Yeah i was meaning ccc's rather than lll's as I doubt much would affect the value of them, they would just go up in value anyways.

Interesting point about the toy car also lol, i've seen quite a lot of LLLL's selling for the mid $xx mark, infact its a hard push to get one for much less now, that includes the meaningless combinations.

filter

Domain Wanker
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello :)

seems like there's always a few fresh drops being caught and flipped for anywhere from $15 to $50 (and up) on a daily basis

I'm still holding onto over a dozen of the "dregs" from the Nov 2nd buyout - I'll probably be more inclined to let a few go (if/)when the going rate for "line noise" LLLL.com gets closer to $50 than $15 - guessing that could take another 3 to 6 months (if it happens at all). Doesn't seem worth the trouble to make a sale to take just a few $$ profit at this point, giving up possibly significant gains yet to come ...

I think it's going to be an interesting few months as different price points are reached, maybe giving pause to potential buyers / encouraging potential sellers to take some profits already "while they still can" .... and then the next turn of the cycle begins, with those who were buying now the potential sellers waiting for a new price point to make it worth their while .... Meanwhile a few LLLL.com at all "quality levels" actually are picked up by end users and are no longer in the reseller market - though the money paid for them will quite possibly be re-invested to make more pickups from the remaining pool available. (That's my glibly optimistic scenario for prices doubling a few times over the next several months. Any number of ways that this could unfold much differently and less pleasantly, but somehow I'm less inclined to give much serious thought to how things could go wrong with the "cycle of prices ratcheting up" scenario ... go figure. Well, will be interesting to see how it plays out either way!)

With regard to CCC.com - I wonder if prices for bottom-of-the-barrel "line-noise" LLLL.com might actually reach that same low/mid $xxx level at some point about a year down the road, when the daily drops might be expected to finally peter out (assuming that's how it plays out, rather than seeing massive drops start to occur as reg fees come due for all the ugly ducklings from the October/November buyout period!) Where will the average minimum price for CCC.com be this time next year though? Still in the $200 to $400 range, or ... significantly higher ?

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well if you are watching tdnam there are still a heap of semi premium LLLL.coms dropping each day..

I dont believe that the price of ccc.coms will be affected much by this development, but I do believe that they will continue to rise in price in roughly the same pace as they have been..

Electric-Shadow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it's now a few months on from when I posted this thread and I thought it would raise some interesting discussions, given the fact I said LLLL's could push up the value of ccc.coms and to a degree it will have done.

LLLL.coms have been far more popular than anyone ever expected and there has been a huge boom but now allready prices are starting to crash for LLLL's and mostly the lower quality ones are back down to basically where they started out, the $15-$20 range and the higher quality ones seem to be settling.

So don't think it's the end of domaining with the prices coming down so drastically it's not, they're just coming down to they're original and true value not the massively inflated low $xxx all LLLL's seemed to peak at regardless of quality, but I still see the good ones getting decent prices in that range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom