Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

LLLL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, Thanks! I didn't realize those we're letters.. I thought V was changed to a number around the same time Pluto lost its status as a planet. :rolleyes:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a pet peeve of mine. Everyone selling a 4 letter domain (and their mothers) start off with "LLLL.com for sale! Premium letters!!!". It's like the people on ebay saying "1 of a kind domain for sale!!!"... Drives me batty :D

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From 3chatacter.com (also true for 4 character and other "random" letter domains):

The quality of the letter composition can play a significant role in determining 3-letter valuations. General concensus states that the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T are considered premium letters. Other lesser high quality letters include: J, K, U, V, W. Lower quality letters include: Q, X, Y, Z. Domains selling for less than the above figures would represent a strong buy in today's market.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wasn't arguing about the quality of certain letters - I'm just arguing that anyone with eye balls knows that abcd.com is a LLLL. That's all. :p

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when in Rome... :yo:

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a pet peeve of mine. Everyone selling a 4 letter domain (and their mothers) start off with "LLLL.com for sale! Premium letters!!!". It's like the people on ebay saying "1 of a kind domain for sale!!!"... Drives me batty :D
nah, it isn't.

As a buyer, you'd search forums for "LLLL.com", "quad", "quad premium..." terms - thats why I use it in title. Its saying what category of domain youre selling, not a BS like "1 of a kind domain for sale!!!".

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As a buyer, you'd search forums for "LLLL.com", "quad", "quad premium..." ".

Thats actually a very good point. Well, you win this one Vital.... :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From 3chatacter.com (also true for 4 character and other "random" letter domains):

what's the purpose in constantly referring to that website's philosophy, is it to help spread the hype or to keep them in eye of unknowing?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Big... I love umm.org. Very amusing name :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you are a domain collector, you look for ultra premium quad pure bred aryan nation letters.
If you are a domain investor, you actually research every LLLL combination.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine is RARE (my pet peeve). No domain is rare, or they all are because they are all one of a kind. I mean it may be smaller number, or rarely offered for sale, but names arent rare.

I guess if you really got into the fine details there are perhaps a few rare ones, ones tied up in court for years or something.

yeah 4 random letters shoved together isnt easy to remember or valuable, or rare. Short is good, but it needs to be able to be remembered or searched.

Sure are a lot better 5 and 6 letters out there than most 4 letter jumbles, but such is life.

Another thing that is funny is sometimes good names with bad letters get killed. I would love to have perhaps something with qe in it. hq, qb

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Big... I love umm.org. Very amusing name :)

umm....Thanks :)

Mine is RARE (my pet peeve). No domain is rare, or they all are because they are all one of a kind. I mean it may be smaller number, or rarely offered for sale, but names arent rare.

I guess if you really got into the fine details there are perhaps a few rare ones, ones tied up in court for years or something.

yeah 4 random letters shoved together isnt easy to remember or valuable, or rare. Short is good, but it needs to be able to be remembered or searched.

Sure are a lot better 5 and 6 letters out there than most 4 letter jumbles, but such is life.

Another thing that is funny is sometimes good names with bad letters get killed. I would love to have perhaps something with qe in it. hq, qb

rare, can be "how often" a domain in a certain category comes up for sale.

or rare, can be a limited number of domains within a certain category that are available on the open market.

at one time, when a two letter .org dropped, they did not go back into the available to register or dropcatch pool, they went on reserve.

so, in that aspect, for anyone who owned some at the time....they were rare.

also as a coincidence, "qe.org" sold @ $20k and "q" is not a letter consider premium by the "concensus of followers", yet it sold above the range of many in same category with the "so-called" better letters.

It's a short and clear explination of "premium" letters and I also give my sources.

it's not clear at all, in fact many sales have contradicted the philosophy

where they label certain letters as premium above others, yet combinations of those letters have closed at prices below or equal to letter combinations they state are of lower quality.

many times, it's the seller's knowledge and negotiation skills that convey a message of value to the potential.....and a premium price is paid for it.

there is no guarantee that owning dcbi.com means you'll sell it for more than the owner of uzic.com, or klix.com

so again, it's not clear at all, when there are so many other circumstances that affect selling prices.

but feel free to keep the propaganda going, as it helps the margins for those who know better.

:)

Last edited:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that common sense does apply to domains. I've run into so many threads and posts that's state facts that are completely counter intuitive.

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's not clear at all, in fact many sales have contradicted the philosophy

where they label certain letters as premium above others, yet combinations of those letters have closed at prices below or equal to letter combinations they state are of lower quality.

many times, it's the seller's knowledge and negotiation skills that convey a message of value to the potential.....and a premium price is paid for it.

there is no guarantee that owning dcbi.com means you'll sell it for more than the owner of uzic.com, or klix.com

so again, it's not clear at all, when there are so many other circumstances that affect selling prices.

but feel free to keep the propaganda going, as it helps the margins for those who know better.

+1

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that common sense does apply to domains. I've run into so many threads and posts that's state facts that are completely counter intuitive.

common sense, as it applies to being logical is rare for many in domaining.

will you adopt the prejudices and discriminatory practices that you are "told" to accept and follow "the consensus", or will you make decisions for yourself?

that's all i'm saying...

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems like solid domains just don't move. I've got a handful of solid .orgs that no one seems to be interested.. They rather spend 800 bucks on a freakin obscure 4 letter .com. Am I the only person who sees value in the .org (specially for information based websites)?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems like solid domains just don't move. I've got a handful of solid .orgs that no one seems to be interested.. They rather spend 800 bucks on a freakin obscure 4 letter .com. Am I the only person who sees value in the .org (specially for information based websites)?

"solid" is a matter of perception

is solid based on gkw numbers

is solid based on "'actual" traffic the domain receives

is solid based on the sale price of same "term" in .com or other extension

is solid based on length/shortness

is solid based on keywords

when i think about it, i've had more .org sales than i've had LLLL.com sales

but i think "solid" .org's are those names which "sound like they fit" the .org extension, including nnn/lll nn/ll and those 4 letters that make up acronym's for established "organizations".

though .org is not just for org's anymore, many "commercial" domains just don't fit or are seen as not applicable.

as example:

a "Marketers" organization fits better than a "Marketer" organization

and criminalbackground.org fits the ext. better than flashbackground.org

there is a level of trust in .org extension from it's usage history by organizations and many terms that don't fit seem to get ignored.

but that's just my opinion....

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with the trust factor completely. For example I have nichemarkerters,org which IMO is a great domain. Just wish I could make an actual sale lol. Have yet to sell any of my digital products (although I'm very new to the 'game').

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom