Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

LLLL dot com GUIDELINE and PRICEGUIDE ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainSkull

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Domain Masters

I'm not all time domainer and not expert about domain industry but i just want to be more knowledgeable about LLLL dot com
that's why i'm asking about it

ANY GUIDELINE FOR LLLL dot com (ebook,blog,website etc)

ANY PRICE GUIDE FOR LLLL dot com (like 3character dot com)

i'm sure there are lots of newbie here with this question

THNX

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
newbies often, like almost everytime, misinterpret the price structure that these type of sites display.

as is, the best guide is to "read" the history of sales for that category of domains.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on how badly they want it.

If the organization's name is Alabama Association of Horseshoe Players, and you own AAHP dot com, they really haven't got a choice but to pay whatever amount you say. Not what they say. Not what some "guide" says. It's your domain, and therefore your price.

Now, I'm in no position to say that being a hardass works all the time. I'm currently in a negotiation for a brandable domain, where I know I'll end up taking much less than I wanted. But that's because it had a very limited scope of possible users.

Most LLLL's, on the other hand, have a wider potential audience base. Meaning you can usually afford to say "no" to an offer.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on how badly they want it.

If the organization's name is Alabama Association of Horseshoe Players, and you own AAHP dot com, they really haven't got a choice but to pay whatever amount you say. Not what they say.
They do have a choice. They also have the option not to buy your domain and register alabama-association-of-horseshoe-players.us. And then they may never come back for your AAHP.com again. And things like that happen. The thing is that it is in fact not you who sets the price, it actually is your buyer. The art of negotating is to leave as little money on the table as possible.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing is that it is in fact not you who sets the price, it actually is your buyer. The art of negotating is to leave as little money on the table as possible.

actually, what you claim as fact is not valid argument.

since there can be more than one interested party for any one specific domain,

then

that means there can be more than one amount that domain can sell for

as for leaving any money on the table....

if you set a BIN price and the name gets sold

then who set the price and who left some money?

:rolleyes:

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The seller can ask any price he likes. But the point is you cannot use asking prices to value a domain. Asking prices are meaningless. Only the price that a domain actually sells for tells you something about its value. So in the end it really doesn't matter how much the seller wants for a domain, but how much the buyer is willing to pay. Therefore the buyer sets the price, not the seller.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The seller can ask any price he likes. But the point is you cannot use asking prices to value a domain. Asking prices are meaningless. Only the price that a domain actually sells for tells you something about its value. So in the end it really doesn't matter how much the seller wants for a domain, but how much the buyer is willing to pay. Therefore the buyer sets the price, not the seller.

"value" of a domain name changes from "owner to owner" as each one has their own respective "ideas" as to how they can utilize that property.

since each may have more or less resources for utilization, there is a predictability that there would be a variance in pricing upon resale...depending on which "owner" sold it "out the cycle" of domainers.

for any specific domain the final selling price and value can always change and won't always be seen as equal in the eyes of the buyer or seller.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom