Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale LLN.ca and other short .ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of LLN, L-L, N-N, L-L-L .ca's potential?

I list these because after LL, NN, NL, LN, LLL, NNN .ca's, which are all taken, these are the next closest 'short' .ca's still available.

You can still get a two letter word with a number after it in LLN, or even premium letters and a low number like 1, 2, 3.

Still some L-L and N-N available.

Many three letter words still available in L-L-L.

If you figure .ca's are generally worth 5% to 10% of a .com (not all the time, but say on average), and you see a name like mi1.com sell for over 3k, and other LLN.com's selling for $500 to $x,xxx then the same in .ca could be valued at $50 and up once they are all taken.

Anyway, just interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on this. I own some of the above type names, but no LLN.ca's

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would have to disagree there. 5% to 10% is way too high. Most 3 letter .ca's right now are valued at around $100-150 unless of course the letters have some meaning.

If a company wants your domain, that's a different story.

Don't get me wrong though. I am sure investing in LLN.ca's would be a wise idea in the future. I am more focused on LLL.ca's right now since you can still find many :)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think these types of domains are probably a long term hold, due to Canada's low population. But you can get premium LLN in .ca that would be killer names in .com

Is it better to own vkq.ca or ma1.ca , as an example?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is my opinion based on the market in .com's and all the other extensions.

If LLL.com's are more expensive than LLN.com's than ...that would be the case in other extensions.

So i would go with VKQ.ca being valued at more!

Isn't it possible CIRA opens the market in .ca to the rest of the world eventually?
That would appreciate the price of every domain out there.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that there isn't even 1 million domains owned yet in Canada. What's the number of .com's taken? probably 100x that number at least :O

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not an even comparison though, because there are a lot of geo domains and other language domains (e.g.: spanish, portuguese words) that would likely never get regged in .ca - it will be a slow, steady climb of .ca regs unless it's opened up like .es and .in, which probably won't happen any time soon.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well , i can see it opening up in 5 years or so. I remember back in 2001 there were only about 400k .com domains taken...2 years later...it was 20M or so...I wonder what it's at now...but trust me...If you can afford buying .ca's ..i would highly suggest it. You don't have much to lose either ;)

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does Razor own most of the NNN.ca's still? I remember they were in abundance and then one day, poof.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure... How much are NNN.ca's worth ?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When i search , i see that they are all owned by Razor...you can do a whois and find out name. I just don't want to post his name here.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't it possible CIRA opens the market in .ca to the rest of the world eventually?
That would appreciate the price of every domain out there.

Dot CA won't open to the rest of the world. No changes to the Canadian Presence Requirements are even a consideration. It has nothing to do with CIRA, this legislation is governed by the gov. I can't remember the dept right now.

If you invest in .ca, dont do it with the expectation of it opening up globally. Our population is growing rapidly though, and even with all the financial troubles in the US, Canada is breaking records daily with foreign investment in real estate, Homegrown investment as well. Traditionally Canadians invested in alot of US biz, but for a while now many of us are investing North of the border. It's too bad our poor people make alot, otherwise we could get some cheap labor for more manufacturing profits which would equal more export.

Either way, Dot CA is growing but it won't open up for global registrants.

Kevin

Not sure... How much are NNN.ca's worth ?

Not alot. No traffic and a few domainers scooped them up. No real demand outside of domainers. I have a bunch, and only 2 earn good bucks in parking. Not for any other reason than them being significant and meaningfull number combo's.

burp!ca

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are all LLL.ca gone at this point? If not, does anyone know how many are left?

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So what is the general consensus from the .CA community then folks? What is better, LNL, NLN, LLN or NNL?

Examples

A1A, 1A1, 11A or AA1?

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All the LNL that relate to postal codes were scooped up by yellow pages a few years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom