Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale LNL.ca Postal Code Prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To continue on the NNL and LLN discussion, I'm curious about your valuation opinions on LNL.ca with a specific purpose. Back on Dec. 22, 2005, Yellow Pages (YPG) registered all available LNL.ca combinations that were active Postal Code Prefixes in Canada (ie. M5T.ca; the first 3 characters in the postal code).

- At the time, there were 1630 Active LNL Postal Codes
- YPG found and registered 1503 of these
- At the time, 127 were already registered by others

In January 2007, one of our clients called us to help them purchase a LNL and we discovered that of the 127 Postal Code combinations held by others, 32 had expired and YPG had not been keeping an eye on these. We hand registered those below.

YPG continues to renew all their domains each year.

Curious what experts here think these are worth?

A0L.ca
B0T.ca
B1G.ca
E2E.ca
E3E.ca
E4X.ca
E7A.ca
G1G.ca
G3B.ca
G5Y.ca
H0H.ca
H2X.ca
H4L.ca
H4S.ca
J1C.ca
J1R.ca
J4Y.ca
K4C.ca
L7K.ca
M1C.ca
M3N.ca
N2C.ca
P7L.ca
R2H.ca
S4A.ca
S4S.ca
T0M.ca
T1S.ca
T4C.ca
V3X.ca
V8B.ca

Thanks,
Jen

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As of today the value isn't much. I believe if yellow pages has something in mind in the future, that's the only way they'll have value later on. The Canadian market is too young to be asking these questions.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, didn't know YP had done that. I don't think many people search or type in those kind of domains though, so hard to say value. If YP starts advertising the ones they have then these might benefit too (ie: getting people used to typing in the first three letters of their postal code). Too bad Canada doesn't just use numbers like the US.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see much value at all. Many people look for a postal code search using the entire thing - ie - LNL NLN

Search value is low - unless it is one that encompasses a major population area. Even then, how many people will come looking?

Besides that - I have two postal code type websites - the ppc is on the low end.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's quite a project you highlighted Zoobar! And they selected a .com over a .ca yet..

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like they probably own both the .ca and .com both were registered on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom