Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Local business stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonzymuz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Theres a local business thats opening up and their site doesn't happen to be registered, yet the cards and ads are everywhere. Am I able to register it and offer it f/s without 'trouble?'

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I have had many of the same opportunities, I prefer to leave them alone. Remember also that many LOCAL small businesses really do not need websites to supplement their brick and mortar stores, that few will ever try to sell outside their retail or service facilities. All you'll do is piss them off.

anonzymuz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i decided to register it, the only reason is because this is supposed to be a huge business and i put it up for sale @ $4K and I received an email which stated that he is willing to purchase the domain but not for 4k.. so.. i guess so far so good..

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how many people announce their business name before getting a satisfactory domain.

JRBHosting

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i decided to register it, the only reason is because this is supposed to be a huge business and i put it up for sale @ $4K and I received an email which stated that he is willing to purchase the domain but not for 4k.. so.. i guess so far so good..

Which store? If they have significant resources, they can go after you, but won't win. It will just cost you both money, as they don't have a trademark.

Jason

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They should learn to register their domain first...but you are being a bottom feeder...it's much better to reg typos and domains of the BIG boys that it is'nt going to hurt as much as a small business owner who sometimes is putting it all on the line and you could make or break them by holding their domain ransom...just my opinion.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This is cybersquatting and you are the reason domainers get a bad name. Really pathetic. Really.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is cybersquatting and you are the reason domainers get a bad name. Really pathetic. Really.

agreed, i hate people making profit out of other people's hardwork. I sincerely hope he opens up a dispute which makes you lose money too.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so what is the name of the domain?

so what is the name of the domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom