Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

>>>locked Out Already?<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just tried to post a "Domain for Sale" thread and do not have access. I thought we were to have some time to consider the options before we were excluded. Have the shutters been brought down already - only Platinum members can post sales threads already?

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep. It seems so. The guillotine has dropped. You have to pay $49.95 (I think it is - check the announcement for the exact figure) in order to post in the Domains for Sale section. At least this is my understanding of it.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Copied from the home page:

Advertising Forums
Platinum members are allowed to create one thread/day in the Advertising forums.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
where is the signup for the platinum membership?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm I'm not ready to decide on this issue yet, it's all happened too quickly for me. I havn't been here long but some of you will already know that my money has been good and I've spent several thousand $$$'s with you. However if I cannot sell then I will not buy.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
... I havn't been here long but some of you will already know that my money has been good and I've spent several thousand $$$'s with you ...
Wow! Even though I have posted a thread here asking for your application as member (just in time before it charges), I didn't know that you are a big spender. Why don't you buy some of my names too? LOL! :laugh: :D

P.S. I am still deciding whether to pay or not. I definitely don't like it, but I won't rule that out now. But frankly, being shut out at this early stage doesn't make things better, at least for me.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

Mr Webname a whining thread has already been started. :)

I am well aware of that - no one said that the shutters were coming down straight away and I wanted to find out if it was me or if it had actually happened - you yourself said there would be "several months" for members to make decisions.
Was my $500 for your domain name also "whining" - ask all the others who have sold me their domains if I am "whining" - you might do well to demonstrate some respect.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname

Was my $500 for your domain name also "whining" - ask all the others who have sold me their domains if I am "whining" - you might do well to demonstrate some respect.

If you don't want to buy any of my domain names, don't bid on them. If you think $50/year is to much, move on.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good strategy there. Shows great respect for your members. Let e ask you something, if i pay $50 and a week later you change the rules and i happen to disagree with that, are you going to tell me to either eat it or get lost?

Sorry, m8, that is exactly why i am leaving. Good luck to you.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Perhaps its not too much, $50 a year.

I was surprised as well to wake-up to the new changes in-effect, I thought I would have a bit more time to decide or round up some money after hearing " several months", even a weeks notice would have been nice.

I found out about this yesturday, so I had like less then 24hrs. to pay-up or be locked out.

I'm not saying I'm against it, DNForum has helped me make a few bucks, but it did happen rather quick.

Mike

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

If you don't want to buy any of my domain names, don't bid on them. If you think $50/year is to much, move on.

It is not a question of whether $50 is too much - you have no idea of my financial worth. I have been in business for over 25 years and I can tell you that you do not get and keep loyal customers by demonstrating that sort of attitude.
I am saying to you that I am taking my time to examine your options to see what I want - you are telling me that you can't be bothered to give me the time of day.
I don't suppose for a minute that you will take the slightest notice of anything I say but I would suggest that you re-consider your stance.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe just all those who voiced contrary opinions were locked out immediately. As I was able to access all threads this morning, but after my comments, I too was locked out.

Good going G....You're showing your true colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom