Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Locking or expiring of old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suggested this months back, but think it's worth mentioning again. Some threads seem to go on forever, regardless of whether the original posted is still wanting to buy or sell a domain, or is even still a forum member. For example, this thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4304
has many pages of replies and has gone on for many months. Newcomers don't know the status and continue to post.

I would suggest that wanted threads expire in 60 to 90 days and are locked. For sale threads maybe could be closed on reply by the seller that it's sold, or after 90-120 days of posting. Maybe even after so many days/months of the thread starter not returning to the forum.

I'd rather see a new post with clarified requests or update sales lists than many pages of possibly irellevant replies. I'm not suggesting all forums work this way, just the wanted and sales threads that are time relevant.

Upvote 0

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by adoptabledomains

I would suggest that wanted threads expire in 60 to 90 days and are locked. For sale threads maybe could be closed on reply by the seller that it's sold, or after 90-120 days of posting. Maybe even after so many days/months of the thread starter not returning to the forum.

I agree.

You could also have a popup, in a wanted thread, when the user hits reply that says "you are about to reply to a thread that was authored over 90 days ago. Chances are the author is no longer looking."Do you want to continue?

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This may have other implications. It appears that some "silver" members are diggin up old sales threads and updating them so they can post names for sale.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
This may have other implications. It appears that some "silver" members are diggin up old sales threads and updating them so they can post names for sale.

"Silver" members should be warned and then temporarily suspended if the behavior continues.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think only Goldmembers should be able to get away with unscrupulous behaviour like that! :)

N

namegame

Originally posted by adoptabledomains
I suggested this months back, but think it's worth mentioning again. Some threads seem to go on forever, regardless of whether the original posted is still wanting to buy or sell a domain, or is even still a forum member. For example, this thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4304
has many pages of replies and has gone on for many months. Newcomers don't know the status and continue to post.
I second the motion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom