Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Login to account failure! ... Second time this has happened lately!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I keep getting "Login to account failure" despite entering the correct username and password.

Emailed support, but no support yet...

I had the exact same problem about a week or so ago which, after emailing support (never got a reply), later spontaneously worked again.

I did some searching on Google about this issue ... it appears some other people have also experienced the "Login to account failure" problems over the past year or so.

On a related topic, many people speak of Moniker having "great" security, but I have my doubts, since they don't even hash their password file ...

Plus read they have had registrar / registry sync problems ... sometimes showing domains in a person's account that aren't actually there because they have since been transferred out - that can lead to domains getting lost!

Ron

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
moniker always gives me that error - but i'm always actually logged in. i just navigate away to my account from the error screen. certainly doesn't instill much confidence.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am surprised they don't hash their passwords. At the same time all they would need to do is when someone creates a password, they store it as a hash and in a seperate database store the un-hashed version of the password. Then when retrieved it takes the hash and matches up with their other database and emails the correct password.

I am not sure how their forgot password system works since I have never tried it, but I would assume they have the passwords secured one way or another in their database. Or we all hope they do anyways :)

It gave me that error yesterday. I closed the browser, reopened a new one, logged in again and it worked. Sometimes it may be a cookie storing issue if you do not close your browser from a previous logged session.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I actually logged in and out just before posting here.

I did have one time I couldn't log in. I then remembered I was trying to do so
via my affiliate link instead of Moniker.com.

Tried the latter and got in. Logged out, went back in, no issues at all, and I
even tried this just now. (if anyone from Moniker is reading this, it's just an
honest "mistake", not trying to cheat you guys out or whatever.)

Just a thought. And I'm sorry to read you guys are having problems.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Finally got a response ...

Thanks for contacting us with your inquiry regarding your Moniker
account.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your inquiry. I'm actually just
getting this email from support.

Moniker has a new security system in place. All accounts must be
assigned a sales rep.

I have activated the account.

Your rep's information is listed below.

Other people have experienced the same problem with Moniker over the past month and perhaps much longer.

I'm glad Moniker finally fixed my account, but the experience doesn't inspire much confidence. For a registrar that touts customer service, it leaves a lot to be desired. I get faster service from GoDaddy and eNom than from Moniker ... which is suprising considering how much large those registrars are.

Enough rambling on ... anyways I'm glad my account is working again.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom