Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

LOL the irs says namedrive paid me $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
apparently since i e-filed my return, those examiners at the irs don't have hard copies of 1099's to compare with these forms they send, claiming income discrepancies.

income "the man" said was reported to them from nd for 2007 - $582,986

if only.... :)

but maybe before i fill out these forms and mail them back, i'll get another letter from the irs telling me to "disregard the previous letter".

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's all fun and games until the tax liens are on your wages, property, and bank accounts. I wouldn't breath easy or find it :)funny until after it's taken care of.

These things can take on a life of their own and the IRS isn't exactly known for common sense and customer service - and certainly not a sense of humor.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been receiving quite a few phone calls from the IRS lately as well. On a first name basis with them. Apparently someone has been printing fake W-2s with my EIN number on them.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
had the same thing happen to me. Ed and Neil were really helpfull. I mailed back the protest form and a week later I had the new adjusted IRS bill for a mere few hundred instead of the 70k+ they had said I owed. I just sent a check for the few hundred knowing you can't fight "the man" and win completely.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but maybe before i fill out these forms and mail them back, i'll get another letter from the irs telling me to "disregard the previous letter".
Here's the problem if you wait...

IF you owe them anything at all the interest and penalties compounds daily.

And, if the matter is not addressed, the IRS will assume that the information they have is correct and can make things exceptionally difficult on you including freezing your bank account and putting a lien on your property.

Personally, I would address the matter promptly.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the problem if you wait...

IF you owe them anything at all the interest and penalties compounds daily.

And, if the matter is not addressed, the IRS will assume that the information they have is correct and can make things exceptionally difficult on you including freezing your bank account and putting a lien on your property.

Personally, I would address the matter promptly.

Hi Doc

never intended on waiting

i just got the letter in the mail yesterday

brought my 2007 forms with me to work this morning so i can copy everything and mail the form back, hopefully before lunch....that's if no one here asks me to do any work! :)

it's no biggie....

i don't owe anything, a comma was put in the wrong place in the report which increased income amount, so it was just a typo error.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Doc

never intended on waiting

i just got the letter in the mail yesterday

brought my 2007 forms with me to work this morning so i can copy everything and mail the form back, hopefully before lunch....that's if no one here asks me to do any work! :)

it's no biggie....

i don't owe anything, a comma was put in the wrong place in the report which increased income amount, so it was just a typo error.
The IRS sent me a notice of audit in March 2008, just while I was getting the 2007 returns completed. They wait 11 damn months to send me an audit and 1 month before the following years returns are due? What a cheap shot.

It was a paper audit (soft audit). Fortunately, I keep good records. They were trying to say that I owed a little shy of $14K. Turns out when I reviewed everything the e-filing software did not submit a form required on some investments.

Ends up I owed them 28 cents.

Don't you just love getting those envelopes in the mail?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The IRS loves you.

(borat voice)

NOTTTTT!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fortunately, I keep good records.

Don't you just love getting those envelopes in the mail?

i have all my tax forms going back to 1980 something

and i only love getting the envelopes in the mail when they have checks inside! ;)

at first, i thought they were going to get me because i claimed a couple of you guys as a dependants one year. :)

j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom